Selling a Wheelset Pricing Ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm changing the wheelset on my Giant to 36 hole handbuilt ones, I've lost all confidence in the existing since my pothole/borked rear rim incident. I'm also going up a size, to minimum 28mm tyre rims, 622-19 erto. I can't find any info on individual pricing via Giant and wondered what people thought would be fair, what will be on offer:-

Giant IOU333 black hubbed wheelset, 9 speed Shiman/SRAM, 28/24 spokes, semi aero, front rim is Giant IOU 333, 622-14 erto. Rear rim was replaced by DT Swiss R520 28h 622-15 erto. Black spokes, silver spoke nipples, black rims, rim tape, tubes, Lugano tyres red/black. I weighed the whole wheelset, including SRAM 12-26 cassette, tyres, tubes and it was 6.5lbs, so I'd guess around 6lbs without cassette. The cassette wouldn't be part of the deal, though skewers would be, 130mm rear spacing.

Wheelset has done 2.2k miles, tyres about 1.1k, both tubes are unpunctured, new rear rim has done about 50 miles. Never had a problem with front wheel and no issues with new rear.

Anyone give me an idea on what sort of price I should be looking for?

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Strip back the wheels to rims and hub.. weight combined circa over 2kg then prob 40 or so.. weight under 2kg then maybe 50

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I am Spartacus said:
Strip back the wheels to rims and hub.. weight combined circa over 2kg then prob 40 or so.. weight under 2kg then maybe 50

No need, the cassette weight is 230g, the tyres 650g, tubes allow 200g, 50g for rim tape. Being conservative then the wheelset is 4.3lbs, I wasn't intending to claim super lightweight as a selling point just providing as much info as possible.

But, wow, I didn't expect to get a huge amount for the wheelset but £40 seems heck of a low. The new rear rim cost almost that on its own, guess I live and learn.

Top Bottom