selling bike and gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
folks i'm selling my Thorn Audax 47cm pristine condition custom wheels and all my touring gear everything is quality.
1571778443758.png

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
1571778513495.png

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
ok so here's the thing, i live in Ireland so kinda hoping someone from Ireland is interested just that posting to uk is a nightmare.I'm selling as a job lot everything you need to tour or bikepack is here all pristine condition i need 950 euro for the lot.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
To help with the sale it might be a good idea to provide a bit more information.

What year is the bike?
What frame tubing, eg Reynolds, Columbus or maybe something else?
Are you the original owner, roughly how many miles?
What wheels?
Other component spec info?
What bags, looks like Ortlieb, are they back roller classic? Is there a carradice, which one? What’s the other bag?
What’s else is included, there looks like a lot of bags, sleeping bag? Etc Etc.
To give an idea of size suitability the bike is pictured set up for what height rider?

Some detailed close up pics would be good to see condition, wear and components.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Thanks spiderweb,well to be honest im having second thoughts this bike amnd gear cost me a hell of a lot more than my asking price so gonna think about it.thanks anyway.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thanks spiderweb,well to be honest im having second thoughts this bike amnd gear cost me a hell of a lot more than my asking price so gonna think about it.thanks anyway.
No problem, unfortunately that’s the nature of selling second hand bikes and gear, you’ll never get back anywhere near your original outlay.
Very nice bike for someone though.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I look after my bikes and keep a maintenance and distance log. I reckon most have sold around the 30% mark and one exception went for about 50%. The second hand market is a buyer’s domain. Expect to be asked to ship outside of Ireland. Lower your sights on price.

Also consider breaking up the bike into components and selling them separately if they’re in good nick.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
only reason i was selling is my back is knackered so ill never cycle again mores the pity.ah i'll hang onto it unless someone comes knocking at my door thanks for looking folks cheers
jags.

Top Bottom