Servicing M520 pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Seeing as they've done a few thousand miles in two years, how do I put more grease into them and generally give them a bit of TLC?

bonj2

take them apart completely, grease the bearings and put them back together.
Although you might not be able to ever get them back together due to the spring. So on second thoughts perhaps don't.
Are they grinding a bit?

dodgy

Alternatively buy a new pair, nothing wrong with trying to service them, but if it goes pear shaped buy new ones. They're only about £13 aren't they?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Remove from bike - then unscrew axel from the pedal - from the crank side if you get what I mean.

It was as simple as that :tongue:.

I do now need a couple more of those really small bearings that are very hard to find if you drop them on the workshop floor though ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah - I usually just remove the axel, and squirt my finish line pro waterproof stuff everywhere - and refit.... or my M535's, remove outer plastic cap, get squirting, and refit cap - that's it.....

My Looks Pro Carbons were remove axel like the M520's- so just re-lubed and refitted.

I have never touched the Record Looks on the Herety..that's how good they are.....and why it's just about the only Campy bit on my bike.....(other than the seat pin bolt).

As for new Ball Bearings's.....erm.......erm...new pedals anyone.............

Top Bottom