Setting HR Zones in BKool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi. I am using a BKool Go trainer in conjunction with a Garmin Edge 520. The Edge accepts different ways of working out the HR info and include a % of LTHR which is the one I find most useful. I can't find a way of making the BKool show anything other than a % of maximum HR. If I use the on-screen zone info it isn't the same as that in my Garmin and it is irritating. Does anyone know of any way of getting the HR based on % of Lactate threshold? I do use the power meter on BKool and I have noticed that the zones using the Power figures gained from a power test do not match those zones which use % of max. Has anyone encountered this problem and could provide a solution?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hi. I am using a BKool Go trainer in conjunction with a Garmin Edge 520. The Edge accepts different ways of working out the HR info and include a % of LTHR which is the one I find most useful. I can't find a way of making the BKool show anything other than a % of maximum HR. If I use the on-screen zone info it isn't the same as that in my Garmin and it is irritating. Does anyone know of any way of getting the HR based on % of Lactate threshold? I do use the power meter on BKool and I have noticed that the zones using the Power figures gained from a power test do not match those zones which use % of max. Has anyone encountered this problem and could provide a solution?
They've changed the site so you can no longer set individual zones. You can set a max HR and get a set of zones from that only.

CXRAndy

Guru

If you are using a PM try Zwift. Again Zwift only does max HR. Use the Garmin to build a comparison of HR zones compared to %LTHR. I use Strava Premium which if you give it an accurate max HR does a good job of setting HR zones.

OP
OP
C

Cambrian

They've changed the site so you can no longer set individual zones. You can set a max HR and get a set of zones from that only.
I kind of thought that might be the answer! Thank you for letting me know. I will investigate further to see if anyone offers the means of setting both values (power and HR) by means of Lactate Threshold values.

OP
OP
C

Cambrian

If you are using a PM try Zwift. Again Zwift only does max HR. Use the Garmin to build a comparison of HR zones compared to %LTHR. I use Strava Premium which if you give it an accurate max HR does a good job of setting HR zones.
Thanks CXRAndy.
I will Do as you suggest and use the Garmin figures for my data and look at the videos and ignore the BKool zone values.

Top Bottom