Shed alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thinking of some thing like this for my shed
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1280582480801&isSearch=true

Now I have a nice bike its a bit of a worry. I have one of the plastic zero maintence sheds and its great bone dry and solid. I of course have a lock on the door but I get the feeling some one could just cut a new door in the side with a hot cigerete !
So I want some sort of noisey alarm that will detect movement and I want to disable with a remote so I dont make a racket when ever I go into the shed.
My bed room is just above the shed so I could easily hear it.
Just wondering if any one used some thign along them lines. I have mains in the shed too

koro

Thinking of some thing like this for my shed
http://www.diy.com/d...1&isSearch=true

Now I have a nice bike its a bit of a worry. I have one of the plastic zero maintence sheds and its great bone dry and solid. I of course have a lock on the door but I get the feeling some one could just cut a new door in the side with a hot cigerete !
So I want some sort of noisey alarm that will detect movement and I want to disable with a remote so I dont make a racket when ever I go into the shed.
My bed room is just above the shed so I could easily hear it.
Just wondering if any one used some thign along them lines. I have mains in the shed too

An easy way to alarm the shed is to put a baby alarm monitor inside, as I know you like to play baseball, if it sounds off perhaps you should have a look inside for the ball.....

chris-s

Perhaps it would be prudent to also cable/chain lock it to a hard point secured thru the floor of the shed?

Chris

stephec

Legendary Member
I had one of those in my shed. When it was broken in to I found the alarm on the floor with the battery ripped out, the scum must have pulled it out during the delay period before it goes off.

Now I have one in one of those small petty cash type lockable boxes. The box is screwed to the shed wall in an inaccesable position as possible, the box is locked and has holes drilled in the lid for the sensors and speaker. Unfortunately drilling the holes has left some very sharp edges in the lid, if you were scrambling around in the dark you'd have to be careful to avoid cutting your fingers to ribbons and leaving your blood on it. ;)

I also have a couple of these placed close to the shed to warn me if anyone is near it at night - http://www.henrykrank.com/alarm_mine.html

OP
OP
captainhastings
Thank you for tthe replies every one. I was in B&Q this morning for some paint and spotted this
down from £27 to a £5 on clearance should do the job nicely

4849437758_116d9d2286.jpg

BenScoobert

Ive been thinking of rigging up a camera flash to a motion sensor as they enter the garden, then a webcam so I can sell the look on their faces to you've been framed.

byegad

Legendary Member
A serious ground anchor Rawlbolted through the floor and a good Ulock will put off all but the professional thief. Short of a shotgun armed 24 hour guard nothing will daunt a professional.

Top Bottom