Shimano Dura Ace FH-7800 rear hub refurb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Guru
I've just come into possession of one of the above. It's in good condition other than it's got a broken pawl spring. I've scoured the web for a replacement spring but it's like trying to find rocking horse manure. I've measured as best I can the diameter of the channel that the spring would sit in and there appear to be a few eBay sellers who have springs that MIGHT do the job but if poss I'd rather have the proper part. It would be a shame if I had to bodge a part for what is, when you hold it in your hand, a true work of art. Any suggestions as to who might stock these or will I have no choice but to go down the eBay route?

Jameshow

Veteran
Any pics?

Try a spring maker?

OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Guru
There are one or two engineering companies locally so I might give that a try. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it on here.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Guru
Tried to upload a couple of photos but having difficulty. I'll keep trying.

I'm off to take a look at Biking Barn 👍
Edit: I've emailed the Biking Barn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Guru
Bike Barn sympathetic but no help. Shimano simply don't do replacement bits for Dura Ace unless I opt to buy a complete new freehub. It's eBay or no way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Look on ebay for a used hub, maybe in poor condition that you can strip for the parts. I've a pair of old 7400 hubs stripped from old wheels that are kept for parts for my 'old' best bike, and a new unused headset.

I'm not so sure some of the lower spec hubs use the same freehub design as 7800 though. You only need the pawl spring though !

Top Bottom