Shimano MTB SPD M530 & M520 differences ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems too for me with the A520s (also with a cage). I had M424s with a cage and all was fine tried M520's and never got on with them (not as comfortable on a long ride) and then replaced them with A520's. I also like a cage on shorter ride for when I miss the clip, I can not worry, power away from the junction, bend etc and clip in in my own time.

OP
OP
rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon

Veteran
thanks.. I think the ones you have mentioned are single sided, aren't they?

M530 and M520 pedals are both dual-sided. I've got M520 just wondering now if it'd be worth replacing them and whether or not the integrated cage (contact area) is really noticeable.

thanks.. I think the ones you have mentioned are single sided, aren't they?

M530 and M520 pedals are both dual-sided. I've got M520 just wondering now if it'd be worth replacing them and whether or not the integrated cage (contact area) is really noticeable.

If you are suffering from hot spots on longer I'd say the larger contact area is noticeable; plus the ability to cycle powerfully unclipped is a bonus too but if you don't have a problem with either I'd save my money ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you've got stiff soes - e.g. MTB, then the cage isn't noticeable, but if you have more touring oriented shoe, that's a bit more felxible, then the broader platform will help.

I can ride all day in MTB shoes on the small double sided SPD's. I do however, find road shoes that bit better and more secure.

Top Bottom