Shimano Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
nope - was actually being serious for a change. The Wiki article is out of date. There is a new line called Tourney.
I actually think I remember a Tourney from back in the 80's - But then I also remember mint green cotton jackets, white cotton pants & peach t-shirts with espadrilles being cool.

Miami - bloody - Vice.

I actually think I remember a Tourney from back in the 80's - But then I also remember mint green cotton jackets, white cotton pants & peach t-shirts with espadrilles being cool.

Miami - bloody - Vice.
I think Tourney was original part of the touring setup and has now been extended into road bike scene coming in below Sora. Claris potentially having gone many years ago (possibly)...

As for the peach t-shirts and the likes, that could just possibly (and thankfully) be a touch too early for me having only started senior school in 1984 and having had a very sheltered school life...

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think there are lot of us of the same vintage :smile: Had several pastel shaded items and espadrilles :biggrin: Man the 80s was a decade and half!

Anyway way off subject here :smile: Don`t remember tourney back then, in fact I had this http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/girly_drifter/2013-10-05115520_zps8f64345a.jpg

but really should of asked for this http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/Goldie_78/DSC03121.jpg for my Christmas, it was a bit more racing spec re frame angles etc.
Nice bikes, Mind I never got the pastel, in my "fashion" days it were 4" platforms, Baggy trousers that looked like they'd had a row with yer boots (think culottes) paisley shirts and a Harrington jacket for going out or red Docs, white "painters" Ben Sherman granddad shirt and a Levi denim for hanging around in.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Never seen Claris before.

clarice-starling-tv-show-silence-lambs.jpg

:thumbsup:

young Ed

Veteran
i have tourney rear mech on my 2010, i think, bike
but it is a hybrid type thingy and i did see it on a rather nice looking carerra on display in halfords road bike so might be they now have the road/racing/speeeeeeeeedier! :biggrin: version of the tourney
oh and as for O.P there are 2 types of shimano
ulatgera
durace
no more
Cheers Ed

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I think Tourney was original part of the touring setup and has now been extended into road bike scene coming in below Sora. Claris potentially having gone many years ago (possibly)...

As for the peach t-shirts and the likes, that could just possibly (and thankfully) be a touch too early for me having only started senior school in 1984 and having had a very sheltered school life...
Oh - you don't know what you have been missing :becool::laugh::becool:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Oooh - ya cheeky monkey.

Given me the pangs for some Fava Beans & a nice Chianti.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Tourney is defo the bottom line, just picked up a new 7 spd rear derailleur for my boys MTB for a tenner. Don't know how they make it for the price.

Out of interest, same question but for MTB/hybrid range?

Top Bottom