Shimano R501 Lifespan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tojo

Über Member
I,ve done 10,700 miles on my stock wheels that came on my Forme and they haven't been serviced at all. Must be on their last legs now I suppose. Can't complain at that though.

Applause....KEEP it clean....It WILL work better.......I've just sorted out a couple of my mates bikes....I keep doing it trade... Shouldn't..as they just ride there bikes into the ground and come to me and they say its not working could you possibly fix it, and when they bring said item it's totally crudded up, I can accept a bit crud when its a MTB but a couple of days ago..My life long mate bring me his road bike, and.... collapsed BB, and my chain gauge had a fit....just used it as a guide as I didn't want to clean all the carbonised crap off the chainset or cassette to look at the tooth wear...We disused the findings and he said... I might as well just go for a new groupset..could you price me one, I said, yes nee bother.....I think he'll now keep the present one clean....Joy.....:thumbsup:

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
I thought my cleaning regime was good enough, thoroughly cleaned once a week and wheels and brakes wiped down after wet rides, if I'm missing something or need to do more I need to know!

Top Bottom