Shimano Sora 3400 Brake Caliper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
When I got the bike back from its first free service (Leisurelakes) i noticed the wheels were rubbing on the brake pads very lightly

I then noticed there is a little plastic lever which I pulled upwards and this freed the brakes.

Is this lever for transportation,adjustment or is it supposed to be in the down position.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Down position it's to allow the wheel to be removed (up position) by moving the brake arms away from the rim

use the turn nob on the arm of the brake to ease them off a little.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Well I'm not very happy with my free service by Leisurelakes in Bury

Firstly both brakes were binding on

Now just been out for its first ride after the service and the gears,especially the big ring on the rear is clanking and not easy to get in to

Middle ring also has a slight rattle to it.

All I have done since picking the bike up is lay it very carefully on the opposite side to the gears in my estate to transport it home, then stored it in the conservatory

I treat my bike like it's made of glass when I transport it so surely this couldnt have affected it?

When I rang LL they indicated it must have been "hung up wrong" :angry:

Now I have an 2 x 40 mile trips to return it then collect it :angry:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Learn to do it yourself. There's plenty of books and online guides. I could only oil a chain 3 years ago, now I can strip a bike to its components and rebuild it, as I have done 4 times now. Buy a £20 clunker 90s MTB to practice on. Basic adjustment of gears brakes takes only a few minutes to learn. Most bike manuals cover the basics, my Raleigh manual is excellent. A free service will only be adjustment anyway, I never bother with them.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I only took it back as it's under warranty

They said they had changed the gear cables on it's first free service as they had stretched :unsure:

Thy then said these new ones had now stretched again, so they re-adjusted these :scratch:

The bike had only done around 200 miles from new to its first service, and 2 miles from first service to the gear problem :angry:

Its a bit better, but I still have to push the left lever right over and then give it a push again to get it onto the big ring.

I'll just sort it myself now :angry:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Replacing cables is only necessary when they are frayed or corroded, not stretched. Most cables strech (some of the more expensive ones are pre-stretched), all cables expand and contract in heat/cold. I'd find another local bike shop if I were you. Just slacken the pinch nut off and adjust accordingly, you should have barrel adjusters for minor corrections for heat/cold. There are trim positions on STI shifters for any given chain ring to prevent chain rub on the front mech, so on a double there will be 4 clicks.

Top Bottom