Shiver Me Timbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Shiver me timbers ye bunch o landlubberin sprogs September the nineteenth be talk like a pirate day again yaarrrr! That gentlewoman o’ fortune Captain Speicher will hopefully be a givin us a merry jig after a grog or two me hearty. So all ye Scallywags and scurvy dogs, lets be talking like pirates come this time next week or Davey Jones' Locker it be for ye all.
;):evil:

http://www.yarr.org.uk/talk/

Gromit

Über Member
Arh lad I'd be on board a vessel that day so will be merrily talking like a pirate, if aloud to by captain bikepetes parents. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Argh, be it allowed to talk like that famous terror of the Seven Seas, Captain Sebastian, the Well Spoken Middle Class Brigand? I can do that all day....

Big Jack Brass

And of course, the famous Pirate Keyboard:

pirate_keyboard.png

Wolf04 said:
Shiver me timbers ye bunch o landlubberin sprogs September the nineteenth be talk like a pirate day again yaarrrr! That gentlewoman o’ fortune Captain Speicher will hopefully be a givin us a merry jig after a grog or two me hearty. So all ye Scallywags and scurvy dogs, lets be talking like Robert Newton in "Treasure Island" come this time next week or Davey Jones' Locker it be for ye all.
:smile::blush:

http://www.yarr.org.uk/talk/

One of my ancestors was a pirate, he suffered "death and immersion" in the 18th century. Seeing as he came from Whitehaven, he probably talked like a Geordy and said "eh, marra!" at the end of every sentence.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Hover Fly said:
One of my ancestors was a pirate, he suffered "death and immersion" in the 18th century. Seeing as he came from Whitehaven, he probably talked like a Geordy and said "eh, marra!" at the end of every sentence.

Noooo! Whitehaven is not Geordie at all, that's why they built the Penines. No Geordies I know say eh marra either. Death and immersion sounds like a lowly landlubber punishment for a fine Gentleman of fortune such as your esteemed ancestor.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Captain Pugwash, Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Jack the Cabin Boy.... all good clean Watch With Mother from the late 60s. Who said the BBC weren't naive? :evil:

Top Bottom