Shoes Fitting Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Allosunshine

Regular
Just after some advice on shoe fittings.
I'm normally an 8 and I've bought meself a pair of DHB R1's from Wiggle in an 8 but they do feel a bit tight round the toe area, is this quite normal?
I do have wide feet but normally with trainers it's the middle of my foot I have problems with.

Thanks.

Normal rule of thumb for shoes is to push your foot to the front of the show ie toes touching the end - there should be a space at the heel big enough for a middle finger. When the shoe is laced/closed, this will give space for your toes to move (and for your foot to expand as it does through the day - best time to try footwear is late afternoon when your feet are at their largest - your foot can expand by half a size through the day).

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
All manufacturers vary: I've shoes, trainers, boots and cycling shoes ranging from 44 to 46.

Unfortunately you won't know until you've tried something on.

Luckily for you Wiggle are good with returns and yours definitely need to be exchanged for a larger pair.

OP
OP
A

Allosunshine

Regular
Cheers for the advice.

This thread over in yacf may be worth looking at.

I'll keep an eye on that thread.

All manufacturers vary: I've shoes, trainers, boots and cycling shoes ranging from 44 to 46.

Unfortunately you won't know until you've tried something on.

Luckily for you Wiggle are good with returns and yours definitely need to be exchanged for a larger pair.

I figured I might have toget the next size up, I'm just worried they'll be too big length wise. Will jut have to give it a shot.
Are there any makes out there that are good for wide feet?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I figured I might have toget the next size up, I'm just worried they'll be too big length wise. Will jut have to give it a shot.
Are there any makes out there that are good for wide feet?

Specialized suit me and I have wide feet, but you may need a size up. I am a 10/11 and my spesh bg road shoes I think are a 12. If you can, get to a shop try some on. Along with helmets they are the one thing that you really need to try.

OP
OP
A

Allosunshine

Regular
Just cancelled my order with Wiggle and gone for these in a size up seeing as they were only an extra £10.

I have been wearing Shimano shoes for years and normally a 43 is spot on. The missus bought me some lovely sidi's for Christmas and I ended up returning them and getting a 45!
Original pair were from wiggle, who refunded money with no probs. I then managed to get same shoe from Merlin saving an additional 60 quid!

Tomba

Just cancelled my order with Wiggle and gone for these in a size up seeing as they were only an extra £10.

I've got the touring version of them so I can walk about it in them. And I have wide feet, tried on everything Evans had to offer and they were all too narrow. Great shoes :smile:

Top Bottom