shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brady37

hi im considering buying cycling shoes iv never used them before and im nervous of getting stuck in them any advice on which kind to start off with please one thing i do want is to be able to walk in them thanks :wub:

Have you read the clipless guide? Good place to start.

Personally my first pair were Shimano MT31 (don't think they are available anymore). A relatively cheap to try spd shoes. I got on with them and haven't looked back, no bother walking in them but the cleats will make you sound like you are in high heels :smile: Nearest I can find on Wiggle is probably their own brand dhb t1

festival

Über Member
cycle shoes have to be tried to ensure they fit due to sizes not being consistant across the brands. and width fittings varying from brand to brand.

corshamjim

I find Shimano MT22 fine for walking in and inexpensive too. As for getting stuck, I have the tension set on the pedal as low as it will go and (touch wood) haven't come a-cropper yet. I've found with Shimano shoes I usually need one size bigger than what I would normally buy for everyday shoes. So I normally have size 42, but for Shimano cycling shoes I take a 43. ymmv.

cycle shoes have to be tried to ensure they fit due to sizes not being consistant across the brands. and width fittings varying from brand to brand.

I've been looking for roadie shoes recently for when the new bike :biggrin: arrives. I wouldn't disagree that sizing is challenging, but actually finding a local shop which has the size/style/price hasn't been too fruitful. even tried Evans when in York last week - very little choice. Local retailers just can't compete with online shops for stock level and choice. Reputable online retailers have good return policies as well.

I was looking for a pair of shoes earlier in the year, one thing I found out quickly, was that sizes vary drastically between brands.<div><br></div><div>I had my eye on a pair of Shimano MT76 (I think they were) being a size 8 UK size, had to go to EU 45 in this brand to get something that fitted me for the width of my feet, but way too big a shoe.</div><div><br></div><div>I ended up going for a very good fitting Northwave MTB shoe, size 43, and I'm very happy with them.</div><div><br></div><div>Before anyone asks, YES, I have had a clipless moment, but it's all great fun, and the benefits of clipless outweigh flats any day IMHO</div><div><br></div><div>Brian</div>

Top Bottom