Shorts/Bib Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm having trouble finding a good set of shorts and/or bib shorts. I have a long body for my 5' 11" frame and inevitably find bib shorts aren't long enough in the body or the leg length isn't long enough (prefer it to just above the knee). I had a peruse round Decathlon yesterday and they have sold out of everything in my size barring a pair of XL tights which are a nice fit. Any recommendations on what might work?

domtyler

Über Member
I'm pretty sure that they are cut to go to just above the knee rather than below it. You could always go with 3/4 lengths instead. As for finding the body too tight, this is almost always true when you are standing upright, try bending into a cycling posture and it should feel just right.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
domtyler said:
I'm pretty sure that they are cut to go to just above the knee rather than below it. You could always go with 3/4 lengths instead. As for finding the body too tight, this is almost always true when you are standing upright, try bending into a cycling posture and it should feel just right.

Thanks dom; I do have some that fit but I want some quality ones. Bit of an expensive mistake to make, to buy them and then find they're not quite right.
I did actually mean just above the knee, not below, as opposed to half way up my thigh making me look like a tart. ;) I will edit.

gavintc

Guru
I found sizing for bib shorts remarkably difficult to get right. When I started I simply bought el-cheapos from Wiggle and the like. They fitted Ok, but the pad was poor. Having read some comments on forums, I decided to buy some expensive Assos. What a disaster, too loose on the body and I find that my tackle becomes uncomfortable. By chance, the LBS was selling some Giordana Tenax and I have found these the most comfortable shorts I have. I now have 3 pairs. I am nervous about trying another pair - it gets to be an expensive mistake if you get the sizing and fit wrong.

Tynan

Veteran
I thought the pad looked poor when I got my first ever bib longs from wiggle, dhb, but it's worked out perfectly and the larger plusher pad in my expensive Endura shorts now looks silly and something to look good in the shop to numpties, suspect it's more for off roadies, suppose they'll be crashing around more

PaulSB

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
I found sizing for bib shorts remarkably difficult to get right. When I started I simply bought el-cheapos from Wiggle and the like. They fitted Ok, but the pad was poor. Having read some comments on forums, I decided to buy some expensive Assos. What a disaster, too loose on the body and I find that my tackle becomes uncomfortable. By chance, the LBS was selling some Giordana Tenax and I have found these the most comfortable shorts I have. I now have 3 pairs. I am nervous about trying another pair - it gets to be an expensive mistake if you get the sizing and fit wrong.

First pair of Assos I bought did exactly the same. I then read up about it on the Assos web site and realised I needed a size smaller. Bought those and they have been perfect for nearly four years. I sold the orginal pair on e-bay and got £75 for them. Have you thought of trying that?

Top Bottom