Should Egan Bernal swallow his pride and retire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadMalx

Senior Member
BTW, I don't agree with this phrase:

"swallow his pride and retire"​


To me, swallowing his pride would be admitting that he's not competing for Grand Tour wins any more. (Was there another thread where this MIS-usage cropped up?!?) Semantics, I know!!! xxx

Dates back to Bike Radar threads about 10+ years ago. Started with Cavendish (how wrong they were) and became a running joke to apply to anyone as soon as they miss a win.
 

MadMalx

Senior Member
I remember my Mum saying that her Uncle (I think ) played Water Polo for England and just kepy playing
but stopped when he realised that the temptation to "play dirty" got too strong
he said he had see olderplayers that just got dirty to keep winning and he refused to go that way
Waterpolo can be very dirty, lot of the action is hidden underwater, away from referees' sight (at all but the top level). I remember some of my team-mates (many, many years ago) wore cricket boxes.
 
Top Bottom