Show us your BMX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Show us your , past and present, BMX's

Here's my first and so far only BMX, a SE Bikes So Cal Flyer 24" Cruiser

20230211_110949.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Lovely !! Use it much. Properly ? Or just for ‘cruisin’ ? 😎

Didn’t need to see this ! Been soooo thinking of building up an old skool / early to mid 80’s - twin top-tube Freestyle bike for quite some time. Right up until I realised a decent make; basket case frame (Skyway Steet-Beat, Haro FST, Redline etc) in need of re-chroming / paint etc is gonna be £600 odd to begin with…..

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Lovely !! Use it much. Properly ? Or just for ‘cruisin’ ? 😎

Didn’t need to see this ! Been soooo thinking of building up an old skool / early to mid 80’s - twin top-tube Freestyle bike for quite some time. Right up until I realised a decent make; basket case frame (Skyway Steet-Beat, Haro FST, Redline etc) in need of re-chroming / paint etc is gonna be £600 odd to begin with…..

I use it on the pump tracks at the moment but going to check out the Crewe race track soon.
It was only £230 , reduced from £500 ish

ChrisEyles

Guru
My ca 2008 GT Tour

Great fun, but these things are bloody lethal! Broke my cheekbone about a year ago on it, nose diving into a big half pipe and missing the transition - whoops!

Uasbr96NhsZjNFrvFTwPQPr7YZ4&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’ve got somewhat ‘hooked’ on rebuilding old BMX’s this past 18 months. Built (Most from F+F only) and still got 9 bikes to date. I’ve pretty much purposely ended up with a ‘BMX timeline’ going from a 1984 Old-school, through some late 90’s Mid-school Freestyle bikes - and right through to modern day.

Attachments

• IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8963.jpeg
    IMG_8963.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9808.jpeg
    IMG_9808.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2301.jpeg
    IMG_2301.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I've added these since my initial post

CK_FRONT_eabc48a8-dfb6-4026-9f76-e1a7d0fb9dc6_900x.png

SE Bikes Ripper , but with high/wider bars , a longer stem and a pair of billy bonkers tyres. (need to take a pic soon)

I had this for a while

20230821_143821.jpg

A GT Mach 1 race BMX , which has since been replaced with a ...

radio .jpg

A Radio Xenon Pro which a lot faster and more nimble.

Last edited:

cook06

I’ve got somewhat ‘hooked’ on rebuilding old BMX’s this past 18 months. Built (Most from F+F only) and still got 9 bikes to date. I’ve pretty much purposely ended up with a ‘BMX timeline’ going from a 1984 Old-school, through some late 90’s Mid-school Freestyle bikes - and right through to modern day.

Hey there I'm a new member so yes the new guy I have a question..i can't find the make or model attached to my serial number on my bike any help by chance it's 7 1352 low numbers

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I love the idea of BMX and the bikes themselves but, as with others on here, it came too late for me. I know adults ride them, but they have probably been doing it since they were young. I don't think a 50-something can realistically start. Crashes are less easy to shrug off and most of the stunts require a degree of commitment that only comes from years of doing it and messing up.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I love the idea of BMX and the bikes themselves but, as with others on here, it came too late for me. I know adults ride them, but they have probably been doing it since they were young. I don't think a 50-something can realistically start!

Age ? Surely not. Why ? Because you’re constrained by what others will think of you ?

Theres numerous amazing safety pads, chest protectors, helmets etc - to help those of us who likely won’t bounce very well….avoid injury.

So why not if you fancy it…….. 😉

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I love the idea of BMX and the bikes themselves but, as with others on here, it came too late for me. I know adults ride them, but they have probably been doing it since they were young. I don't think a 50-something can realistically start. Crashes are less easy to shrug off and most of the stunts require a degree of commitment that only comes from years of doing it and messing up.

I started at 57 and have only crashed twice... so far. Arm and knee pads , full face helmet etc helps a lot.

Top Bottom