Sick, sick Bastards, Part II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I'm becoming a believer in karma. (!

I too am a believer.

Last June I was on a short break in Dublin with Mrs Blue. We were staggering back to our hotel from a pub and came upon a busker. Feeling merry, I gave him all the coins from my pocket (possibly 3-4 Euro in total). We staggered on and, a few hundred yards down the road, I found a 20 Euro note in the gutter. Another few hundred yards and we were approached by a woman looking for 4 Euro for the price of a hostel bed for the night, now feeling flush I gave her a 5 Euro note. So, within a few mins of one small, but kind, gesture to a busker 3 people ended up happy. Karma or what??

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Blue said:
I too am a believer.

Last June I was on a short break in Dublin with Mrs Blue. We were staggering back to our hotel from a pub and came upon a busker. Feeling merry, I gave him all the coins from my pocket (possibly 3-4 Euro in total). We staggered on and, a few hundred yards down the road, I found a 20 Euro note in the gutter. Another few hundred yards and we were approached by a woman looking for 4 Euro for the price of a hostel bed for the night, now feeling flush I gave her a 5 Euro note. So, within a few mins of one small, but kind, gesture to a busker 3 people ended up happy. Karma or what??

Bit of a bugger for whoever lost the 20 Euro, no?:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
i heard about a rapist who called his victim's mum to tell her what he had done. makes you think about putting your mum under her first name.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
snorri said:
Sounds like an urban myth to me. Surely the first question a parent would ask is "Which hospital?"

No. It isn't a myth. It happened as described. Your cynicism is unjustified (and you have just called me a liar) and it is unwarranted (this family went through a serious trauma, yet you want to be clever and deny it).

Noodley

dave5n, there is always the option of reporting this incident (as well as the theft) to the Police. Mobile phones can be traced to within a few yards using GPS (?) or some similar system. Maybe a "long shot" but it sounds like a nasty nasty incident which caused distress and worthy of considering this.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Noodley said:
dave5n, there is always the option of reporting this incident (as well as the theft) to the Police. Mobile phones can be traced to within a few yards using GPS (?) or some similar system. Maybe a "long shot" but it sounds like a nasty nasty incident which caused distress and worthy of considering this.

Cheers Noodley, I think you are right.

That's what I said to the missus. I thought phone companies had to keep records and hand them over if a crime is committed. They record the cell the phone is in - I think in London this can be even as close as 30 yards, and it records as long as the phone is on.

If they could match it against CCTV you could maybe get an ident.

But as the missus said, it could be a busy pub - you'd never know who it was.

I think they reported it, but I don't know what happened. I'll ask her to find out when she goes back to work.

Top Bottom