sidi touring shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elan2011

hi all
so after a break for cycling since the mid 1990s i have got back on my bike, and i must say most of the kit you can buy in shops today is total junk, but some very good stuff, namely the fixed gear stuff, but most bikes not worth looking never mind any sort of long distance riding on them! just a gripe of mine.

so the point of this post is were have all the decent touring type shoes such as the sidi touring shoes gone, they were perfect for the job, and could be used for any type of cycle touring from a 10-20 mile pub run to 100 plus mile rides, simple cheap and they do the job. but to day most shoes + the pedals cost silly money, just can't understand why people would buy them.

can any one recomend a pair of decent shoes, simlar to sidi touring shoes

paul

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member

screenman

Legendary Member
Why not wait until something like the York cycle rally, then I am sure you will be able to buy some old tat.

In what way are today's bikes not very good for long distances, maybe the sportive and audax riders can come in on this as well.

OP
OP
E

elan2011

why most bikes these day are not worth a fig
stright forks whoever thought that one up outside of track racings was having a laugh!

these stupid sti break gear levers, they will never survive a winter's worth of touring, never ming a 100 miler in winter, you could never better a down tube shifter, with friction. try taking one of these bikes down a few tracks in winter and you'll see how much of a pup you've been sold.

the lack of spokes, who want a 32 spoke rear wheel, unless your a bike shop charging for repairs every five min's, 36 min in the rear, or better yet 40. and these deep aero rims to harsh a ride

and who wants there bikes made out of old coke cans!!! with 12-24 months life in them, steel frames are and always been the best things going, last a life time

who needs all these gears, unless you want them to wear out, and spend your hard earned every five mins replacing/repairing

in short most bikes sold these days are a total joke unless you never use them, for something other than a sunday moring pose.

and don't use the increase performance joke, as most people on these so called state of the art(yer right that was in the 80s and 90s) are not getting any better TT times than 10years ago

i just wish people would wake up to all the junk your being sold, by the bike trade who seems out to rob us all

P.H

Über Member
Excellent wind up from someone joining on April Fools day, but you can carry the joke a bit far...

Basil.B

Guru
I thought elan2011, made some sensible points!
thumbsup.png

D

Deleted member 1258

why most bikes these day are not worth a fig
stright forks whoever thought that one up outside of track racings was having a laugh!

these stupid sti break gear levers, they will never survive a winter's worth of touring, never ming a 100 miler in winter, you could never better a down tube shifter, with friction. try taking one of these bikes down a few tracks in winter and you'll see how much of a pup you've been sold.

the lack of spokes, who want a 32 spoke rear wheel, unless your a bike shop charging for repairs every five min's, 36 min in the rear, or better yet 40. and these deep aero rims to harsh a ride

and who wants there bikes made out of old coke cans!!! with 12-24 months life in them, steel frames are and always been the best things going, last a life time

who needs all these gears, unless you want them to wear out, and spend your hard earned every five mins replacing/repairing

in short most bikes sold these days are a total joke unless you never use them, for something other than a sunday moring pose.

and don't use the increase performance joke, as most people on these so called state of the art(yer right that was in the 80s and 90s) are not getting any better TT times than 10years ago

i just wish people would wake up to all the junk your being sold, by the bike trade who seems out to rob us all

:troll: Alert, either that or a wind up merchant. I've been cycling for over 40 years, started in the mid 50's stopped in the early 70's, started again in the late 70's and have been riding ever since. modern machinery is a big improvement on what we have had in the past. My Pearson fixed wheel is a reliable commuter and will do winter Sunday club runs with ease. My verenti is a superb distance bike that will run all day if I want it to, both bikes are an improvement on bikes I had in the past.

Top Bottom