<sigh> Being picky now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Keith Oates said:
Out here one vehicle I will not try to draft is the refuse truck, rotting food in this heat is not a good smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they stink so much worse these days, with fortnightly collection rather than weekly.

Tetedelacourse

fossyant said:
I remember when a mate and I drafted a big tractor with a huge trailer full of manure - nice 25-30 mph run - it wasn't until I got home did I realise I smelt like a barn !

;):biggrin:

Alcdrew

fossyant said:
I remember when a mate and I drafted a big tractor with a huge trailer full of manure - nice 25-30 mph run - it wasn't until I got home did I realise I smelt like a barn !

What a tractor doing 30mph? They never go that fast when I'm driving behind them.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
bonj said:
are you really asking for advice or just trying to boast about how fast you can cycle? :biggrin:
Yeah, that's it - I'm trying to brag about doing low 20 mph speeds whilst drafting a bus.... no, really.

I *think* it was just a little light hearted fun... let me see, yep, definite bit of tongue-in-cheek there, perhaps not enough smileys though. I'll make a mental note - more smileys for Bonj. ;)

Tynan

Veteran
I#, keen on drafting but after reading the dos and don't of drafting bikes, drafting trucks and buses seems well dicey, how close do you get to a bus?

if it stop quickly you'll need to be very much on the ball won;t you, there's nowhere to go really and in London there's all sorts of reasons for a bus to stop suddenly, not going to make any friends with the bus drivers either surely? riding deep deep i their blind spots

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'd say I'd be about a couple of bike lengths back from the bus, tending towards the off-side so I can glance round it occasionally and see what traffic ahead is doing... and yes, it is dicey... but bags of fun! ;)

Don't know about drivers' feelings about me being in their blind spot - most wouldn't even be aware of me being there (well, duh!)... that is to say that they've overtaken me and give it no more thought... and as I'm not looking to undertake there's nothing for them to be concerned about.

Top Bottom