Sight that scared me on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
GrasB said:
It surprises me how many adults I see doing this. I think they're applying the same theory as walking on the road on the opposite side of the road you'd drive.

Yes, but on a road with road markings it is a very different matter. The road markings are there for a reason. The lack of road markings are also there for a reason...

I see this particular case of actually the child doing something fairly sensible initially and then carrying it on. I'm sure there is time to sort it out. There are actually some understandable reasons why in this case she might be doing it - ability to mount on the other side, no road markings and having to pass a half blocked road and perhaps not wanting to swerve all the way to the other side of the road or even being more comfortable being near a pavement. Who knows?

GrasB

Veteran
I'm not saying there aren't reasons for that but what you've also got to consider that people generally expect a cyclist to behave in a similar manner to a car. With that in mind this sort of behaviour may well confuse an approaching driver & cause problems.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Does the Head T Cycle ? When you speak to them, you may want to word it in a positive way, so that the child doesn't get banned from cyling to school

Top Bottom