Sirrus Elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cooser

Hi all, Just bought myself a new Specialized Sirrus Elite, was torn between this and the Trek 7.3. Was hoping to ask advice before I purchased but had problems registering on forum. So went ahead and bought the Sirrus. I was wondering what the views were on this machine.

Phixion

Specialized make great bikes, you really can't go wrong with their stuff!

OP
OP
C

Cooser

Thanks for the feed back, pleased to hear positive things about the Sirrus. I was a little worried that I would read ‘You’ve made the wrong choice’. After riding a Raleigh Massif for the last 12 years or so, I am finding the Sirrus a great deal lighter and a pleasure to ride. Thanks for the welcome to the forum, it’s good to find somewhere to chat for a balanced view on things.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cooser said:
....I am finding the Sirrus a great deal lighter and a pleasure to ride.
And that's the key - if you like it, you made the right choice.

I see a lot of Sirruses around and about - they're surprisingly quick for a flat bar bike, and my brother in law really likes his.

Slim

Über Member
Had a Sirrus Comp for about 18 months.

Love it. Easy to look after and quick - even quicker with narrower tyres.

The only problem is the paint work seems to chip a bit too easily.

Enjoy !!

Sig SilverPrinter

Cooser said:
Thanks for the feed back, pleased to hear positive things about the Sirrus. I was a little worried that I would read ‘You’ve made the wrong choice’. After riding a Raleigh Massif for the last 12 years or so, I am finding the Sirrus a great deal lighter and a pleasure to ride. Thanks for the welcome to the forum, it’s good to find somewhere to chat for a balanced view on things.

Glad to see you are positive about this bike as I am thinking of getting one.
All I need is the money !!

Albert

Über Member
I had a Sirrus Elite and second the comment re: paint chipping. Good bike, but maybe not quite as robust as the Trek.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Paint chipping - look after it then....

Rubbish bikes - I'll take them off your hands....;):blush:

Nah...see loads - look cracking machines really - ideal town bikes !

longers

Legendary Member
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Glad to see you are positive about this bike as I am thinking of getting one.
All I need is the money !!

I've got the base model and it's been a great bike - I don't know what the price difference is between it and the Elite (or the relative differences) but it could be a good cheaper option for you.

Mine is quick enough to commute, versatile enough to pull a trailer and load up with shopping in panniers, I've done some fully loaded touring on it and a few centuries and a 200k with no problems at all. I've changed a few things in the 6,000 miles it's done but with a £400 bike I'd expect to and most parts have worn really well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
With any bike, you expect to replace bits, especially if it's an every day machine - with me, I've been more keen to replace bits that are about to fail or are worn that are on the daily bike, than the two roadies.....

That's how you enjoy biking.... keep it well maintained - doesn't matter what you ride, but look after it, it won't let you down !

Top Bottom