sit on kayak (canoe?) wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi

By far and away, your best bet is to pop a wanted thread on this site:

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=69982d34e29eeeac800f235abb78b6bf

Bit of a mecca for all the UK waternuts. I've picked up a couple of kayaks off here.

All the best, Andy

Generally, look at spending half of what you spend on the new model.
As someone that lives on a boat and has spent an inordinate amount of time looking at old boats, I can tell you there's no way to get a bargain unless you can (a) can do a lot of work or (:smile: know someone who is selling what you want and does mates rates.
If you're handy, some of the DIY ones are nice, and you could be sorted for £100. But despite what people say, you have to be handy.

chris667 said:
Generally, look at spending half of what you spend on the new model.
As someone that lives on a boat and has spent an inordinate amount of time looking at old boats, I can tell you there's no way to get a bargain unless you can (a) can do a lot of work or (:angry: know someone who is selling what you want and does mates rates.
If you're handy, some of the DIY ones are nice, and you could be sorted for £100. But despite what people say, you have to be handy.

You can't make your own sit-on-top can you? They are made of blown-plastic..... :blush:

mr Mag00

rising member
no such thing as a cheap sit on kayak paul, i have been looking for a number of years. they are great fun, in demnad and holding their prices very well.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Thanks Chris, but that's a bit much for me. Not for your canoe, but I don't really want to spend that much.

I've been warned off the silly prices on Ebay, and Bilbo's suggested forum have said that some of the fishing forums are a good bet.

I’ve had two sit on top kayak over the last 9 years and I’m on a couple of kayaking forums and if someone is selling they all put them on e-bay, some are as you say "silly money" they are not, sit on tops hold there price very well a £500 kayak new with still reach £400 two years later if looked after.
Q. but I don't really want to spend that much
It is just not only the kayak and paddle you will need don’t forget a buoyancy aid/life jacket and please don’t say "but I can swim" yeah right, and if paddling on the sea flares are a good idea as well, and you will need a wetsuit as the water can be cold even in the summer.
Your best bet is to wait until the autumn/winter and watch e-bay people get fed up with them or upgrade, hope this helps

Top Bottom