Site back up to speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
The new topic hover module works much faster than the previous one and massively reduces the number of queries to the database when loading forum pages, so the site should work a little faster now.

The network issues at the datacentre are sorted too, so hopefully CC overall should be back up to speed.

Let me know though if you experience any further problems.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Shaun, I've recently gone over to using Google Chrome to browse, after Firefox was being too *slow
angry.gif

I'm finding that I have to Sign in each and every time I open Chrome - a tad monotonous/frustrating.

I have tried Deleting My Cookies
ohmy.gif
but hasn't helped and I'm not Logging Out.

Your end - or mine
icon_lol.gif
??

* probably caused by the general slowness of the site - much improved now
thumbsup.png
. Well Done
bravo.gif
(again
biggrin.gif
)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm on Google Chrome and don't have to sign in each time ... but I do remember having some problem (though I have forgotten the details), on logging one. Eventually Admin got to the bottom of it and I had to follow some steps he gave and then it was fine.

(I'm not sure the above statement has helped you in any way - has it?
unsure.gif
)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Just to check - do your login details for other sites, such as Facebook, Google, etc. "stick" when you don't logout?

I'm not familiar with Chrome, but is there a setting to delete history/cookies/etc. on exit, and is that active?

Taken from Chrome support forums:

"In the section under Options, Under the Bonnet (Hood), in Content Settings, Cookies - when you click on "Show cookies and other site data ..." can you see the Cookies being stored there? Is the segment "Clear cookies and other site data when I close my browser" ticked?"

"Do you have the setting to clear your browsing history whenever you close or open the browser? That'll wipe out the cookies used for such memory tricks."

Let me know if any of that helps?

Cheers,

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Just to check - do your login details for other sites, such as Facebook, Google, etc. "stick" when you don't logout?
Yes, for YACF, bank, Cyclogs etc. For CC, it's remembering my details (Login name, password - and the Remember Me box is ticked); just doesn't want to sign in automatically. Works fine on Firefox
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not familiar with Chrome, but is there a setting to delete history/cookies/etc. on exit, and is that active?
De-activated
Taken from Chrome support forums:

"In the section under Options, Under the Bonnet (Hood), in Content Settings, Cookies - when you click on "Show cookies and other site data ..." can you see the Cookies being stored there? Yes - can give you the list if it would help

Is the segment "Clear cookies and other site data when I close my browser" ticked?" No

"Do you have the setting to clear your browsing history whenever you close or open the browser? That'll wipe out the cookies used for such memory tricks." De-activated also

Let me know if any of that helps?

Cheers,
It's daft - the info is there, it works for other sites ... just not CC.

'Curiouser and curiouser'
icon_wink.gif

Top Bottom