Sixpence two-bob, sixpence two-bob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had one of those moments today!

Cycling into work this morning at 6:00 through the forest, I was going too fast (42 kmh) down a long steep hill; I was reluctant to break too much cos of the icy and gravelly track. Trying to ease round a gentle turn, the front wheel slid too far for comfort for what must have been 10 seconds, and I thought I was going to be deposited over a drop into a small river running parallel to the path.

Fortunately I held on: talk about brown trousers er, a white knuckle moment! :smile:

Maz

Guru
Take it easy Dayvo!
I don't understand the thread title though. :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Sixpence twobob....wassat mean then :smile: Never heard that one.

My moment was yesterday....squirted round a corner on a cyclepath to get back on the road...out of the seat....as i careered round, :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy: loose fine gravel all over the path in front of me...

Bike upright pronto, hold tight....no, i made it. :tongue:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Kirstie said:
Something to do with Jimmy Saville? No...?

You mean 'clunk click every trip' or something like that!
Wasn't that his campaign that showed how dangerous it was walking down the street eating a peach? A bloody great hammer came out of the heavens and smashed you over the head! :angry:

Maz! There are a few good answers to your question in some of the posts! Otherwise it's something to do with the varying sizes of your sphincter in a given situation! :angry:

Top Bottom