size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicom

i am 175 tall, size m, i bought a Vitus road size L , after i placed the order i read their chart and i ve found size L starts at 176cm.
thats 1cm taller than me, is it an essue?
do i have to pay 200$ for the return ?
or is it ok< or there is there something else i can do?
what do you think guys!!!

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Get a bike fitting done at your local Bike Shop... worth every penny [cent!]

You can fit shorter pedal cranks, fit a shorter stem on the handlebars to reduce the reach, all sorts of adjustments to make your new bike comfortable...

Much more knowledgeable advice will follow very soon, below... :okay:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Just get the bike and try it out. Manufacturers sizing guides are inconsistent across makes and are only a rough guide anyway. Two riders of the same height but different body proportions may well find that they are best suited to different sizes of bike. As you are close to the size boundary it's unlikely to be a big deal. At worst, you might end up swapping a stem for one that is slightly shorter, if you find the reach a bit much, but there is not going to be a massive mismatch like the difference between a S and XL size..
All things being equal, the larger size will likely have a slightly longer wheelbase which will tend to improve comfort and stability at the expense of slower handling. I doubt the difference in wheelbase would even be as much as an inch, TBH.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
i am 175 tall, size m, i bought a Vitus road size L...
If you are unsure what you need size wise then as Archie_tect suggested, "Get a bike fitting done at your local Bike Shop" if the fitter is a good one then often it is well worth the investment especially if it stops you wasting money correcting a buying error. The amount of times I have fitted someone on a recent purchase where the fitting has concluded they had chosen the wrong size. I've sadly seen that quite a few times recently especially as bikes this summer had became so scarce many seem to have bought them without enough research to make the correct choice.

Even if you don't have a current bike many bike fitters will have a fitting jig that they can set up to the relevant bike that you may be considering so that you know what would be the most appropriate size. Many of us can ride more than one size and the fitting will help with the conclusion as to which one of those choices would be the most suitable. Often a dealer who offers fitting may not charge you for it if you then buy a bike through them; especially on high ticket value items.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alicom

you are right, i am 175cm, 5.9in, everybody was telling me size specially the bike is oversized, so, i the shipper alled as the address is wrong and i asked to return and they accepted, i contacted the shop and they gave green light for th return and i ordered ORRO GOLD carbon was at sale for 1200$, they also have bigger size, so i ordered M.
thanks everybody for all the feedback.

Top Bottom