Skarper e-bike module doo-dah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seems like a very good option and if there is a fault with the unit just remove it and carry on using the bike. At around £1000 its a premium product as many whole ebikes retail at similar or less prices. You can get ebike kits for bikes including batteries from about £350 like Yose power kits. Also its clearly limited to disc only bikes that can be converted and probably fairly standard frames not 20" folding bikes with disc brakes etc.

I understand its far less stressful to the stays compared to disc brakes but it could add another frequency of fatigue to the stays to shorten their lifespan. Fatigue is all about flexing and I can't see how this wouldn't increase flexing of the left rear stay, yes the flexing would be less than hard use of your rear disc brake but it would be enabling and cutting off power quite often. Probably not an issue unless you have a very lightweight performance road bike.

No mention of range but I would expect it is rather limited
I also can't see any way in which it detects use input - e.g. a torque sensor or similar - so I'm not sure how it decides how much to assists - or when
Might be useful for commuting in some cases - if you can mount it on an old looking bike and just take it off then the chances of theft are much reduced

numbnuts

Legendary Member
No use to me anyway, as I'll have an ebike over my dead body. Just thought it looked rather neat.

I thought the same, but as I got older something for the “weekend” was not an option and the thought of not riding was frightening so the etrike was born best £600 (kit) I've every spent, even more so without a car so using it with a trailer to get all my shopping.:smile:

I like the look of that, I'd like to know if the battery is removable to be replaced or if it's a sealed unit. Also would battery extenders be available.

Have to wait till next year I'm guessing to find out.

I like the look of that, I'd like to know if the battery is removable to be replaced or if it's a sealed unit. Also would battery extenders be available.

Have to wait till next year I'm guessing to find out.

Battery not removeable, sealed unit.

Their current ad, while giving full details 'deep within' re power, magical algorithms etc, is frankly nothing more or less than click bait.

The ad clearly states 'transform any bike into an e-bike with just one click'.
Lies, blatant lies.
Bike needs to be (a) disc brakes (b) 26 - 29" wheels. So most definitely NOT 'any bike'.

Top Bottom