Skins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickwood

Has anybody got these tops/tights? (I'm assuming the tights are underwear rather than cycling tights?)

Are they any better than 'normal' base layers? I saw them in 'Go Outdoors' the other day and was impressed with the feel of the material so looked into them, found out they are 'compression wear' and affect performance but am not sure if this is just hype??

Has anyone any experience of them? Are they worth the VERY expensive price tag?

Cheers :sad:

Mick

montage

God Almighty
Got some of the boxers....they are a little too short which causes them to bunch up a little...also a tad on the tight side :biggrin:

My dad runs in the full length leggings sometimes and loves them.

I hear alot of other people swear by them aswell.

Noodley

I have a pair of the recovery tights. Well worth the money IMO. I did a hard ride a couple of weeks ago and then slung them on, and had no pain at all in my legs. It really was quite amazing.

OP
OP
M

mickwood

Noodley said:
I have a pair of the recovery tights. Well worth the money IMO. I did a hard ride a couple of weeks ago and then slung them on, and had no pain at all in my legs. It really was quite amazing.

So, does that mean you don't wear them to ride in? Just afterwards to aid recovery? I thought they felt good to wear on a ride.

jimboalee

Personally, I find a cold bath is the best recovery technique.

Thankfully, I have a pair of Tudor Longs from years ago that are way too small and squeeze my legs sufficiently to support the muscles during recovery.

I did a couple of 300km Audax last year. I needed the cold bath afterwards, and spent the night in my 'squeeze pants'.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
jimboalee said:
Personally, I find a cold bath is the best recovery technique.

Thankfully, I have a pair of Tudor Longs from years ago that are way too small and squeeze my legs sufficiently to support the muscles during recovery.

I did a couple of 300km Audax last year. I needed the cold bath afterwards, and spent the night in my 'squeeze pants'.
Ha, I remember Tudor Longs! Whatever happened to Tudor, beloved of the Touring classes?

montage

God Almighty
Does nobody else get the same issue with tight trousers/underwear that I do?....you know the one that makes your voice go up a few pitches?....

Top Bottom