Sky Ride local

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All the towns running a Sky Ride event are supposed to be organising a series of local rides in the weeks before and after. But before you can lead a ride you have to do a British Cycling ride leaders course.

Anyone know how things are going in the other cities? coz it ain't going very well in Leicester.

I've been asked to do several local history rides but I can't do the course due to work committments (I do run a cycling charity and am working 7 days a week at the moment) and have been told that someone else will have to lead them and I will have to register on each ride to give the talks.:biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
The Hounslow one is in 2 weeks time and I haven't seen anything happening before or after it.
I only found out about it as I was looking up the date for the main London freewheel.

The route literaly goes straight past the end of my road, and I haven't seen any signs up advertising it, even to inform the locals that roads are going to be closed.

Perhaps it's different in Hounslow (I don't go down there much) but in Brenford (which is actually where it is), there is nothing.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I signed up for the Hounslow one I think a while ago.. Or the main london one, not sure.. Had an email to say I was "in", but nothing since...

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
yorkshiregoth said:
I saw a billboard for the hounslow one at the bottom of the A4 today. No details of location etc though.

My sister keeps her horse near Osterley Park and has just found the road to her field is closed all day for the Hounslow ride. She'd have arranged for the horse to be moved if she'd known sooner as he may need vet attention (he's not well). There are houses there too and at least one of the residents knew nothing until yesterday. Oops.

Top Bottom