Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
sounds to me like man whos been told his contracts not being renewed, and hes not going to Vuelta. getting his shots in first just like before the tour.

yello

I read recently a remark made by, um; I forget who (Geraint Thomas??? Rob Hayles???) that Wiggins likes to lob that style of hand grenade comment. It's a perspective, I can see what's meant. Wiggins shoots from the hip (to continue the combat metaphor), as Crackle says "lives in the moment", as said on another thread 'speaks his mind'. That's all part of the complexities of the guy. Surly, moody, reluctant personality but perhaps equally craving it. Whatever. It's human. I like him for it.

I thought he's signed for another year?

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
His contracts up for renewal. He said he was signing and going fr the 1hr and Paris - roubaix,......then sir Dave came out and said nothing's been agreed and they are in discussions.....then brad comes out and says he's jacking it in.... Queue eastenders theme

Last edited:

thom

____
I read recently a remark made by, um; I forget who (Geraint Thomas??? Rob Hayles???) that Wiggins likes to lob that style of hand grenade comment. It's a perspective, I can see what's meant. Wiggins shoots from the hip (to continue the combat metaphor), as Crackle says "lives in the moment", as said on another thread 'speaks his mind'. That's all part of the complexities of the guy. Surly, moody, reluctant personality but perhaps equally craving it. Whatever. It's human. I like him for it.

I thought he's signed for another year?
Human ? Try telling that to his psychologist Steve Peters (and the thousands of people who bought his book and believed it...) ;-)

To Wiggins fans that behaviour is "character" - SKY management will reckon they're handling a monkey.

They're still talking, apparently.

Probably just for the sake of the kids...

SWSteve

Guru
Can't he just sign for someone fun like Lotto Belisol.

Basically I love this seasons jersey, and if they did Wiggo editions then I don't think I could not have one in my collection

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have the current Lotto-Belisol jersey. Not because of any particular affection or affiliation, and I don't buy pro team replica kit as a rule, but I needed a new jersey and it was going cheap(ish) on probikekit.com. But it does look nice, I agree. (NB if you do buy one, they come up quite large - a Vermarc medium is a lot bigger than a Castelli medium. Must be to account for all the beer and frites.)

I'd be slightly disappointed if Wiggo did sign for Lotto-Belisol, just because it would mean you'd suddenly see loads more of their jerseys on the backs of Mamils, so the exclusivity would go. (Had a shameful moment yesterday when I passed another chap wearing exactly the same Italia national jersey as me. Can't be doing with that.)

perplexed

Guru
Can't he just sign for someone fun like Lotto Belisol.

Basically I love this seasons jersey, and if they did Wiggo editions then I don't think I could not have one in my collection

Oi!
Lotto can get behind AG2R La Mondial in the (possibly shortening) queue to sign him.

(I have said I would repeat this groundless speculation ad-infinitum. I'm playing my own personal Bradley Bingo...)

Top Bottom