slack - tight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidad

I'm not going to get into an argument but all I will say is that I had already dismantled and reassembled the bottom bracket a couple of times, tried all possible positions for two different chainrings on the spider, tried the Sheldon bolt loosening trick and none of that had made any difference. In my case there was still paint on the outer surfaces of the bottom bracket shell so I had it refaced, reassembled everything and now it's fine.

OP
OP
R

rootes

ok taken a look,,

slight runout with the chainwheel and slight with the sproket - corrected chainwheel as much as poss - but can not do the sprocket (miche) as it seems to have worn like it.. plus the chainwheels looks poor quality / worn..

on freewheel for the moment seems ok like that

davidad

Gerry Attrick said:
This is a well known phenomenon amongst motorcyclists and is due to uneven chain wear. Change your chain and all should be well assuming your cassette and chainset are not too worn.
In my case the chain and sprocket were brand new and the chainring had done at most a couple of hundred miles.

OP
OP
R

rootes

Gerry Attrick said:
This is a well known phenomenon amongst motorcyclists and is due to uneven chain wear. Change your chain and all should be well assuming your cassette and chainset are not too worn.

yer the chain (kmx) is worn - going to replace

Top Bottom