Slugs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do slugs bite?
Not being funny or anything, but I only found out one was on my leg when it felt like it took a nibble at me.

Perhaps it thought you were a lettuce.

asterix

Comrade Member
Why? Please tell me not to eat them... I saw Hugh F-W trying to say that they should be edible but even he gave up after trying gutting them and using the skin as a casing!!!

I wouldn't recommend eating them after seeing one feeding on a dog turd. Although it is also true that sea fish thrive near sewage outlets.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wouldn't recommend eating them after seeing one feeding on a dog turd. Although it is also true that sea fish thrive near sewage outlets.

I've had grey mullett which was caught near a sewage outlet. It did slightly mar the epicurean experience somewhat.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
And there are some good recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Here is how to prepare them. :whistle: You first though. :becool:

Davidc

Guru
We have several toads living in the garden (they like it because it's dog free I think). They appear to like eating slugs.

Also use beer traps (actually citrus juice, sugar and a bit of yeast works best in them) and pick slugs and snails up if I see them while in the garden. All detected or trapped molluscs go in the big green wheeliebin for composting by the council.

Don't use slug pellets as they might hurt the toads.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm not sure if it was because I'd 'virtually' poured a box of Saxa over slugonabike yesterday but when I got home Mrs 3BM had gone to sprinkle some sea salt (Saxa tube variety) over the roasties before they went in the oven, the top fell off and the whole lot went all over the spuds.

Kharma dude!

Top Bottom