Small frames wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I am on a mission here. I am after a few older, smaller frames, preferably with all else intact, to convert to fixed for children.

No brakes involved, sensible geometry.

If anyone here who understands how to make mechanical things work well fancied a builders project to benefit local kids, I'd really appreciate your skills and time and expertise. OOP expenses paid, of course, if you need them.

Ta.

When you say local....

spring91

Is an old Raleigh Arena youths 10 speed racer any good to you? Probably 24" wheel.

It's not mine but is in a yard behind the Ceol Castle, Moseley Road B12 9AT open weekdays and Saturday mornings. I spotted it before christmas, the owner said take it but I decided I don't have the time or space. It was still there last Saturday. Needs work.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I know a place where old/unwanted bikes are collected in Worcestershire. What part of Birmingham are you in? If north Worcester is a reasonable distance for you I will pm the details and you can contact them to see if they can help you. They renovate bikes, and might be able to help you.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
spring91 said:
Is an old Raleigh Arena youths 10 speed racer any good to you? Probably 24" wheel.

It's not mine but is in a yard behind the Ceol Castle, Moseley Road B12 9AT open weekdays and Saturday mornings. I spotted it before christmas, the owner said take it but I decided I don't have the time or space. It was still there last Saturday. Needs work.

Might be. Thanks.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Speicher said:
I know a place where old/unwanted bikes are collected in Worcestershire. What part of Birmingham are you in? If north Worcester is a reasonable distance for you I will pm the details and you can contact them to see if they can help you. They renovate bikes, and might be able to help you.

Please.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
pm on its way to you

GrahamG

Guru
Harborne Cycle Surgery have a stock of old steel frames - might be worth checking if they've got anything <21". Is this for the Halesowen track?

Top Bottom