Small or Big Upgrade..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
I have a Specialized Allez Comp which is the endurance version of the Allez Race and love it too bits but now I'm getting another bike as well, so are the Secteur's and the Synapse's that much better as an upgrade. ( my budget will be bigger of course)
Or should I look at something else..
I payed £1100 for the Allez Comp and I have £2000 ish to spend on another bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why do you need another road bike if completely happy with yours? Upgrade on wheels etc on the allez instead?

I get the n+1 thing completely, but I think the bike needs to offer something different. My first road bike was carbon, impractical for commuting and touring, so I went alu and now to steel, but if the allez does everything you need, why buy a secteur or synapse? Now a nice steel or titanium tourer I get to go with a racy road bike, and the hybrids

Not sure this post is in the right place either

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I want another road bike as I found out I dont want to do any more trailing so I'm selling the crosstrailer to help fund the new bike, with the mileage I want to do I dont want to do it all on one road bike.
This will mean I still have my hybrid, one bike as a work horse and one bike for best.. plus I will be returing to the UK to live in the near future and the work horse will get plastered and the best bike wont..

PS.. Sorry mod's if this is in the wrong place, if it is please move it to the right section.
Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you like the allez and are looking for something racy in carbon, the tarmacs are very well regarded. Or a cannondale super six? Canyon and rose are very well regarded too in terms of bang for buck but you need to be happy with mail order :smile:. The rose alu ultralight jobbie was very well reviewed last month in C+

Or something a little different like a Pearson ;)

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
If you like the allez and are looking for something racy in carbon, the tarmacs are very well regarded. Or a cannondale super six? Canyon and rose are very well regarded too in terms of bang for buck but you need to be happy with mail order :smile:. The rose alu ultralight jobbie was very well reviewed last month in C+

Or something a little different like a Pearson ;)

I got the Allez Comp because it was in a sale but I wanted to try an endurance bike really but it does open a few doors having a race bike again and perhaps a carbon, I'm even liking the idea of disc brakes.
I like the looks of the Cannodale Ultegra 3 Disc.. :smile:
My three no no's will be a bike with bad fitting cable's that rub my knee's and very heavy wheels like I have on my Comp at the moment, and 53/39 front chainring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom