Smart Polaris 5 LED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
So what do people think of the Polaris 5 LED front lights?
I’m just wondering as most reviews seem to assess them as of day 1. They’ve been around awhile, I’ve not seen any mid term appraisals of these or others. (Or any idea of how long you should expect them to last.)
My $0.02 - I was very happy with them.
Got 2 of them mid last winter. Took the accessory bar off when spring came. Just looking to put it back on again. To gauge how much use they’ve had, they’re on their second set of batteries which are still going strong.
One locks onto the mounts OK, the others ‘compromised’ - The mounting guides formed in the lights body have started to break up, both lights, both sides of the mounting track.
Now I’m probably just going to superglue them onto the mounts. Just wondered if it’s a common fault.

Tynan

Veteran
got on and happy re price although I notice the light is very bright with a new set of batteries and just brgit for a long afterwards

and it's starting to get right on my tits now because the mount is too soft and has started to wear from taking off and putting on so it rattles now after perhaps two years

but it is/was cheap

Iceniner

I had one of those for a while, yes, its very bright for a small light - the batteries last for ages! I ended up replacing my one for better lights, as id only use it for going around a well lit town. It definitely isnt a light for seeing in the dark.

Ive seen a commuter on this forum mentioning he runs two on his bike.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Iceniner said:
Ive seen a commuter on this forum mentioning he runs two on his bike.

Thats like me. All lit roads, so the priority is on being seen.
Two of those, side by side, flashing is noticeable
2008_01120014.JPG

Similar on rear

bonj2

maybe it's that minoura space grip thing you're mounting it on that's less than performant. What have you got on the bars that you need the light on there?
You haven't taped all the way to the middle have you?

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Hiya Bonj :biggrin:, the tapes as supplied, new.
the 'trigger' for the airzounds on the RHS
Theres the mount for my older Cycle computer on the left, considering the weight saving, I kept it on.
The minouras sound - it carried more weight with no problem at the start of last winter
2007_10040001.JPG

bonj2

ah, ok - you see what i've got is the light battery on the stem, light mount basically astride the stem mounting plate (ayup - designed to go like that), nothing on the right and computer on the left.

Top Bottom