smart work attire; how to carry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
You must be either really good at your job or work in a pretty relaxed workplace.

Cant you just leave, why are you trying to get the sack?

Ha, ha yeah, it is slightly relaxed to tell the truth and to be honest, I hang my shirt up while I shower and also get in an hour early so I can relax with a book and chill out, so by the time most folk are in, the creases have all dropped out, probably from the heat of me. Trousers, I keep in the locker & change but once a week.

As for the job itself, I don't leave because I'm seriously underqualified and would suffer if I tried to look for something as well paid. Never enjoyed it, but it's well within my capabilities and I have kids, so I need the money - story of many a life, I'd wager. Serves a purpose, makes the rest of life enjoyable ^_^

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I hang my shirt up while I shower and also get in an hour early so I can relax with a book and chill out, so by the time most folk are in, the creases have all dropped out, probably from the heat of me
That's not a bad plan. Maybe I just need to take a leaf out of your book and get up earlier.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Hi there - this is an issue for me - I work at a corporate firm and I am a woman - I like to wear a pencil skirt and a shirt - I find the very best way is to use the skirt as a basis to wrap the shirt around.

If you think about the piece of cardborad that is in a new shirt and replicate that with your trousers or something similar that should do it. I then put it very carefully into my backpack while the pack is flat and then when I get to work it is usually okay.

I find that if you make sure all the buttons are done up this helps too.

Also don't make the mistake of putting a freshly ironed (i.e still warm) into your bag!

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi there - this is an issue for me - I work at a corporate firm and I am a woman - I like to wear a pencil skirt and a shirt - I find the very best way is to use the skirt as a basis to wrap the shirt around.

If you think about the piece of cardborad that is in a new shirt and replicate that with your trousers or something similar that should do it. I then put it very carefully into my backpack while the pack is flat and then when I get to work it is usually okay.

I find that if you make sure all the buttons are done up this helps too.

Also don't make the mistake of putting a freshly ironed (i.e still warm) into your bag!
Good system. I do this, and if I don't have any other garment to wrap it in, I use tissue paper. It is a lost but simple art - you fold the shirt in the same shape as in the original packet: lay the shirt face-down flat, buttons done up, then you put a sheet or two of paper on the back and fold up so that the tissue is inside the folds. I was taught this by a chum years ago and it really helps. You can use clean plastic carrier bags if you have no tissue - I save it from when I buy clothes.

Drago

Legendary Member
Most useful thing I learned in the army was how to fold an ironed shirt for packing so it survives packing without creases. Sometimes I drive in and dumps weeks worth of gear. Other times I carry in a new shirt everyday, carefully folded and laid flat against in the inside rear of my back pack with the rest of my kit atop it.

Top Bottom