Sniffles :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nilling

Über Member
The past two mornings commutes I've had the sniffles. Even if I sniff or blow my nose it's back. Being on my road bike it just feels I'm constantly sniffing and it's affecting my breathing.

Maybe it's because it's getting a bit chilly in the mornings. I don't suffer with hayfever either and the ride home of an evening is fine.

Short of jamming up my nose with tissues or carrying a hankie not sure what else i can do?

montage

God Almighty
wear a wooly glove

Globalti

Legendary Member
Adopt the roadie habit of turning the head to one side, pressing gently on that nostril and blasting the mucus all over the rider behind you.

ACS

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Adopt the roadie habit of turning the head to one side, pressing gently on that nostril and blasting the mucus all over the rider behind you.

I have found through extensive research that BMW drivers show the greatest amount of contentment to having their window screen covered in a liberal blast of mucus. Various well known social indicators and gestures can be witnessed providing the donor with the knowledge that his efforts have not been wasted.
:ohmy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
satans budgie said:
I have found through extensive research that BMW drivers show the greatest amount of contentment to having their window screen covered in a liberal blast of mucus. Various well known social indicators and gestures can be witnessed providing the donor with the knowledge that his efforts have not been wasted.
:biggrin:
:smile: :smile: :tongue: :biggrin: :sad:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
nilling said:
The past two mornings commutes I've had the sniffles. Even if I sniff or blow my nose it's back. Being on my road bike it just feels I'm constantly sniffing and it's affecting my breathing.

Maybe it's because it's getting a bit chilly in the mornings. I don't suffer with hayfever either and the ride home of an evening is fine.

Short of jamming up my nose with tissues or carrying a hankie not sure what else i can do?

Welcome to the real world of cycling. Just remember to wipe off the huge snot from your face before smiling nicely at that girlie rider you fancy!:smile:

Top Bottom