snore strip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I am not sure what the official name is for those stripe put on the bridge of the nose to prevent snoring but I noticed Bradley Wiggins wearing one while riding and just yesterday I noticed Nicole Cooke wearing one. Is this just to keep the breathing tubes open or is there something else?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
They stopped me snoring according to the other half, will have to try them on a ride.

atbman

Veteran
From what I've read, they serve no useful purpose. When exerting yourself at the level that professional athletes in any endurance sport do, you breathe through the mouth and the width/openness of the nostrils is not the limiting factor

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
From what I've read, they serve no useful purpose. When exerting yourself at the level that professional athletes in any endurance sport do, you breathe through the mouth and the width/openness of the nostrils is not the limiting factor
Very handy though when you ride through swarms of flying insects and don't want to swallow them so you breathe through your nose as an alternative to doing it through clenched teeth!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Quite often see them being used during turbo warmups. That and a bottle of albas oil

No idea if it's(the former) actual science or broscience

thom

____
2 things I heard about breathing through the nose:
1) Somehow you take in more air through a clear nose than through your mouth
2) I think Obree claims that there is some Oxygen transference in you sinuses or some such which has the effect of producing more endorphins than breathing through the mouth. So, if you're knackered while exercising, breath through your nose and you'll create a high and you can go further.

Both of the above might be bollocks, I dunno.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
2 things I heard about breathing through the nose:
1) Somehow you take in more air through a clear nose than through your mouth
2) I think Obree claims that there is some Oxygen transference in you sinuses or some such which has the effect of producing more endorphins than breathing through the mouth. So, if you're knackered while exercising, breath through your nose and you'll create a high and you can go further.

Both of the above might be bollocks, I dunno.
It's quite possible that Obree was high when he "discovered" the nasal breathing thing.

He should write a book about it.....Oh :whistle:

Top Bottom