So who was at Dusk til Dawn then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...wasn't it hilarious? Torrential rain and high winds all night, a course which turned into grinding paste. Hats off to anyone who made it to the end.

One day there will be an overnight endurance race in the Britain which isn't a mudbath...!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I was nowhere near being ready for it and didn't go in the end. Story of my entire year, I'm afraid. Sounds like a lucky escape. Next season starts now...

Is there a website that's got all the info on for these Kirstie. I've seen quite a few on telly now and they just look great fun: Hard but fun. I fancy doing one in the future with a team of friends.

KitsuneAndy

Few mates of mine were doing it.

Think I'll end up doing next years, about to start getting into racing at thetford in this winter series.

Crackle said:
Is there a website that's got all the info on for these Kirstie. I've seen quite a few on telly now and they just look great fun: Hard but fun. I fancy doing one in the future with a team of friends.

I'm not sure there's one website, but the MTB forummy places - Bike Magic; Bike Radar; Singletrack have info on events. The main ones are:

Enduro 6 (April)
Bristol Bikefest (April I think)
Saab Salamon Mountain Mayhem (June)
Bontrager 24-12 (July)
Shimano Sleepless in the Saddle (August)
Cheddar Challenge (I think that's Sept)
Dusk til Dawn (October)
Top it off with the Real Ale Wobble (November)

Other ones to look out for are the Merida enduro series, the Marin Rough Ride (this is great, in May/June) and the Beast of Brecon, although I'm not sure this is still going. There's also a monster welsh thing which Trio25 is doing well in.

You could spend a small fortune doing all these events...
There's smaller racing series at Cannock, Sherwood Pines...and that's all I know.

ivancarlos said:
There are also these Scottish events (Crackle did you used to live in Ardnamurchan?)...

I did. I was a lot closer to most of these then :biggrin: They showed the Strathpuffer one on STV, which is the first time I'd ever seen one. It may come to nowt, I tend to mull on quite a few things. I was also looking at those orienteering for mtn bike type events as well.

Crackle said:
I was also looking at those orienteering for mtn bike type events as well.

Those are called Trailquests. You are really into beards and spd sandals territory with that lot. Personally I couldn't think of a better way to ruin an mtb ride...

Sorry I forgot the Scottish events. I was once tempted by the Strathpuffer 24 but decided against it in the end. It's v v tough.

Kirstie said:
Those are called Trailquests. You are really into beards and spd sandals territory with that lot. Personally I couldn't think of a better way to ruin an mtb ride...

;) I'll cross them off me list then :smile:

U

User482

For reference, the Bristol Bikefest is in June. I did it 3 years ago - it's a cracking course.

Top Bottom