So who wears yellow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for being a tour-noob - first year i've watched it,

but who wears yellow tomorrow given that armstrong and cancellara are neck and neck down to the second?

Cheers,

Simon

Cancellara - LA didn't beat him...!

OP
OP
S

SimonRoberts0204

ah ok, cheers.

A quick question , (not to reignite this topic!) but in a few words, why does favour seem to be so against armstrong nowadays?

Last I saw (many years ago) people were busy chanting 'vive la tour, vive la lance' !

I don't know - possibly because he seems arrogant, and like he believes the Tour can't do without him...?

I admire him, and I think his inclusion this year will add some great battles.....

biking_fox

Guru
What are "wind echelons" ? and why is this different from the usual drafting that riding in a peleton provides - which is what I had assumed it refered too?

Seems to be an issue today in the wind and was also mentioned in Monday's decisive split.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
biking_fox said:
What are "wind echelons" ? and why is this different from the usual drafting that riding in a peleton provides - which is what I had assumed it refered too?

Seems to be an issue today in the wind and was also mentioned in Monday's decisive split.

When the wind is coming from anywhere but straight ahead then the riders need to form a line across the road. If they kept in a line-astern formation no-one would get any shelter (think about it)

Problem is that the road is only wide enough to take a certain number of riders, after that there needs to be a break for the next echelon to form. This leads to the peloton breaking up as we saw to-day

Top Bottom