So you think you know all the countries in Europe? Well get THIS one right then!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
What are they defining as European? Members of the EU, those geographically located upon the Eiropean Continent, or those countries that all send their brightest talent to the Eurovision?

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
What are they defining as European? Members of the EU, those geographically located upon the Eiropean Continent, or those countries that all send their brightest talent to the Eurovision?
Who's they?

This is a list of all the nations in Europe with their accepted names. You'll need to know this information*.

* If you participate in any sort of General Knowledge quiz or competition.

Drago

Legendary Member
Who's they?

Er, the people setting the quiz.

This is a list of all the nations in Europe with their accepted names. You'll need to know this information

There are differing versions of what constitutes "Europe", based upon political, geographical and even geological definitions. We can all make assumptions, but we all need to know that assumptions are the mother of all subsequent **** ups.

I'm not trying to be awkward or difficult - there are 2 main definitions of "Europe", each different to the other, even more so after March 29th, and several smaller ones, and I have no idea which they've based this quiz upon, and if one is to answer their quiz and expect a degree of success it does actually matter. They may as well be asking how fast is a Ford car, or how many people in a team if they're not going to include a small but very important piece of datum.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Er, the people setting the quiz.

There are differing versions of what constitutes "Europe", based upon political, geographical and even geological definitions. We can all make assumptions, but we all need to know that assumptions are the mother of all subsequent **** ups.

I'm not trying to be awkward or difficult - there are 2 main definitions of "Europe", each different to the other, even more so after March 29th, and several smaller ones, and I have no idea which they've based this quiz upon, and if one is to answer their quiz and expect a degree of success it does actually matter. They may as well be asking how fast is a Ford car, or how many people in a team if they're not going to include a small but very important piece of datum.
No, it's not difficult or awkward. These are the names of countries in Europe. Nothing to do with after March 29th, this is what the countries of Europe wish to be known as today. To simplify it, these are the names of the countries England could play in the next European football championships, for instance*.

* NOT including non-countries like the Faroes, Gibraltar and Asian ones like Azerbaijan, Israel etc and nothing to do with Eurovision.

I had no idea it was called
Czhechia
Who calls it that?

Top Bottom