Socks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
In readiness for the roadbike, have gone clipless and got a pair of Specialized Tahoe shoes. I normally wear trainers and trainer socks for cycling but the new shoes are a bit higher and so need a bit more ankle coverage. The shoes are also quite snug and heavy so my feet will get hotter I reckon :whistle: I neerimarily cotton as I do tend to get blistering from too much synthetic fibre

Now... I could just go to M&S and get these which would be the cheap option - most cycling socks seem to be £7-10 a pair!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pair...=sr_1_3&nodeId=66670031&sr=1-3&qid=1309696203

However, is there benefit to 'proper' cycling socks. I got some cheapies from Decathlon (about £1.50 a pair) but they only come in 2 adult sizes, small and big, the former a bit snug and the others too big. They are thin which is good in one way, but could do with a bit of padding on the sole especially.

Any recommendations? Or is this just another way for cyclists to be 'fleeced' and there is no point unless you have more money than selse. I don't want them emblazened with logos and stuff. Although I may see if Pearsons want to chuck a pair in when I get my bike ;) http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/store/product/25546/Pearson-Socks-40-43/

Adasta

As always, Lidl do pairs for £2.99 which is what I use. I could do with more, though...

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers. I did get some from Lidl, but they are very synthetic, and rather cheap and nasty imo. Black with some tacky red design

festival

Über Member
ENduras good, also Prendas cyclismo mail order socks are excellent, cheap and used by pro's & me

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I ordered some of the Endura ones - £9 for 3 pairs while I was buying other stuff. I went with the large ones, hopefully not too big

Thanks to all for the heads up :thumbsup:

looe

+1 for Endura socks. By the way I buy all my cycling clothing from Endura. Quality brand, cost a bit more but soooo comfortable. I started out buying cheapo stuff from Aldi and Lidl, but now all the cheapo stuff is chucked away. There is no way to compare quality stuff against cheapo............

Top Bottom