[SOLD] 2010 Specialized Allez 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I bought this 2010 model from 'Tredz' in February 2011. I believe they were around £500 new, but I think I paid around £430 for it. I only rode it until early December (switched to town bike for the bad weather, and then never went back on it as I bought a recumbent bike). I do have a fairly lengthy commute though, so I put at least 3,500 miles on the Allez before I stopped using her. I swapped the cassette and chainrings (FSA 53/39) around 500 miles ago, and fitted a Wippermann 808 chain at the same time. The tyres are....front Durano Plus 23mm/rear Marathon Plus 25mm. I also have the original (completely unused) Mondo 23mm slicks that came on the bike, which I'll throw in. It's fitted with Crud Roadracer II's which I'll be leaving on, and I can also throw in a set of quite old (but fully functional) Shimano (PD-M525) SPD pedals, or some even older cage pedals that I took off my Dawes town bike.

If you're after a cosmetically mint Allez, then this isn't the one for you as there's some cosmetic damage caused by a top tube mounted bag rubbing against the frame (pictured.) As it's a grey bike, the bare aluminium doesn't stand out too bad, and could of course be covered by a frame bag. There is also a bit of a rub mark on the offside brake lever (pictured) which was caused by the Missus's bikes front bag being lent against it.

Mechanically though, I can see no faults whatsoever with it. I've given her a good clean and look over. Oiled her up and been out for a ride and everything's fine after the 5 month 'lay off'.

I'm going to put her on ebay next weekend where A1 condition 2010 models go for at least £300. Obviously mine isn't a 'minter', so I'd take a fair bit less to avoid all the hassle and for a quick sale. I live in Doncaster, viewing/test ride welcome.

Carl.

Here are some pics.

S1051444.jpg

S1051443.jpg

S1051442.jpg

S1051440.jpg

S1051439.jpg

P.S. The title, which I can't seem to edit says Specialized Alled, it is of course the Allez. There goes my googled hits! Doh!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A couple of questions, which may also help others:

What size is it? It looks 54-ish?

Also, does it have Sora gears or 2300?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

A couple of questions, which may also help others:

What size is it? It looks 54-ish?

Also, does it have Sora gears or 2300?

It has the 2300. I believe it's a 56. I can't quite suss out exactly how to measure the frame as there appears to be a multitude of methods, but when I bought it I know that I purposefully went a size up (I'm 5'8) as I prefer a slightly larger size than manufacturers recommend. If you want a specific measurement of the bike just let me know.

How much are you looking for?

Looking for around around £250, but could do it for a bit less.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It has the 2300. I believe it's a 56. I can't quite suss out exactly how to measure the frame as there appears to be a multitude of methods, but when I bought it I know that I purposefully went a size up (I'm 5'8) as I prefer a slightly larger size than manufacturers recommend. If you want a specific measurement of the bike just let me know.

Just have a look at this site under the geometry tab , measure the length of your seat tube and work out what "real "size the bike is.
http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/detail/12Allez/divGeo

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Bike is now sold, subject to collection. Thanks for your interest, Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom