[SOLD] - 80's Peugeot 'Galibier' Road Bike + Extras - Excellent condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daveb99

Now that I've splashed out on my new bike, I'm selling my 80's Peugeot Galibier Road bike, with a couple of extras.

It is in excellent condition all over, though does need a bit of attention before it is roadworthy (see below). It would make a great 2nd bike for the winter after some very minor attention.

I've owned this from new - over 20 years, and still have the original owner's manual. It has been stored for the last few years (very carefully) but having washed, cleaned & re-lubricated it the other week I can't believe how well it has come up! There are a couple of very minor scratches on the frame, but other than that there aren't really any significant marks on it.

I've measured the frame - it's 24" from the middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.

Spec is:

Reynolds 501 Chromalloy-M Tubing
Cinelli Bars & Stem
Shimano 105 pedals with clips
12 speed
Weinmann 570 Brakes
Nervar Chainset
Simplex Front & Rear Mech
Rigida Wheels
Maillard Hubs

Extras:

Aluminium Mudguards
Zefal Mini Pump

What needs doing:

2 x new tyres (I fitted 2 new ones prior to storage but they are now perished!)
2 x new hoods for the brakes (again, the rubber has perished over time).
Minor corrosion on the spokes - could probably be removed.
General tweaks / adjustments (only gears / brake alignment).

I'll post some pics later today.

I'm looking for around £90, and am located in Hinckley, Leicestershire (collection only).

OP
OP
D

Daveb99

[Please ignore this reply - I have now attached the pics differently in the next post!]

OP
OP
D

Daveb99

Pics now attached (apologies for previous post, I figured it would be better to attach them properly!):

DSC_5797.jpg DSC_5799.jpg DSC_5800.jpg DSC_5801.jpg DSC_5805.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom