[SOLD] Cannondale CAAD9 50cm Frame + Fork £315 delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

My 50cm 2009 Cannondale CAAD9 - 5 frame and fork. Owned from new. About 3000 dry miles on it. Just got myself a 52cm version with BB30 so this one needs to go.

6967146476_60ab765bb9_z.jpg

6877352660_2dcbdfddfc_c.jpg

6967164206_2c0f6a73b3_z.jpg

6967163028_b2456bdd12_z.jpg

Light, stiff as you like, plush. A joy to ride.

Suit riders 5.5 to 5.8. I have a 32" inseam and ran it with quite an aggressive drop.

* 1 1/8th Cane Creek integrated headset
* English BB
* Leather chainstay protector (always used)
* Ultra carbon fork with alu steerer
* Will include C'dale stem, seatpost clamp and original ergo 42cm bars

Absolutely pristine condition - except for a scratch in the upper headtube - toptube weld which was done pretty much in week 1, to my fury, when I was silly enough to ride it to work and some ass-hat scratched it whilst in the bike locker. Cosmetic only, checked by the original Cannondale dealer. Price factors this in.

Measurements:

Top tube CTC: 52.5cm
Seat tube CTC: 48cm
Standover: 75.3cm
Reach: 37.8cm
Stack: 52.3cm

These frames have a life time warranty for the original owner - I'd be happy to deal with any warranty issues should any arise.

£300

Collect from Paddington W2 or £15 for next day courier to the UK.

Disclaimer: advertised elsewhere.

Garz

Squat Member
Very tempting - A great frame Howard!

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

I've heard the 'best' Alu race frame at the mo is either the CAAD10 or the Canyon Alu. The CAAD9 was generally accepted to be the best alu pure race frame until it ceased production in 2010, and all of Cannondale's alu works went to Taiwan.

I certainly enjoyed riding it. Just sourcing parts to build up the 52cm BB30 version I have now in the workstand :smile:

This one would make a lovely build for someone...or their smaller significant other ;)

I've heard the 'best' Alu race frame at the mo is either the CAAD10 or....
I have a CAAD10 and it's why I want a CAAD8 or 9 as my commuter, but I'd avoid BB30 myself. I've had problems with my 10 in that department and have now converted it to HTII and I am now really happy with it.

I may have been unlucky I guess, but if you Google BB30 problems a lot of folk seem to have been as unlucky as I was:wacko:

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

You didn't by any chance have an FSA crank?

Gluing the bearings in (!) solves creaking / clunking problems on the proviso that the BB shell is machined properly - and on a C'dale frame you'd hope so. But yeah BB30 does seem a bit prone to issues.

Anyway the one I'm selling is BSA English, so will take HT2 without adapters :smile: I'm looking forward to the forthcoming BB30 issues with the new frame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom