[SOLD] - Carrera TDF 08 54 cmSOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am selling my carrera TDF 2008 to make room in my stable for the new road bike .

Specs
6061 alloy +alloy fork
sunrace microshift sti shifters
16 speed

Virtual seat tube 54cm
Virtual top tube 55 cm

Replaced the chain and cassette maybe 6 weeks ago and changed the rear mech from the sunrace one that came with it to a sora mech.When i had this into the LBS he said he liked the shifting as it was positive rather than the very soft feeling you get with 2300.Has a 100 mm stem on atm but i have a 110 mm if that suits you better .
Double wrapped the tape for extra paddind like they do for the cobbles as it certainly makes it more comfortable.
Tyres ,
Currently i have gator skins on
Has a charge spoon on atm , i would like to keep this and swap it for the virtuso saddle, if you want it i can throw it in for another £10.
Pedals
Has SPDs on used but in good order £5 ? or you can have some standard toe straps free

Now the bad stuff...
Some cosmetic scratches on the chain stay and an area on the seat tube where the paint rubbed away from mudgaurd rub, all easy enough to touch up as they are cosmetic and aluminum is not going to rust.
Left hand sti lever has the cover plate decal missing, it does not affect shifting .

£120 ono? I have looked on ebay and that seems to be the going price.

Pictures below .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Price reduced Gators included.

Xiorell

Über Member
Bugger it, I'd have been interested in taking this off your hands if it was nearer!

Never mind, good luck with the sale I'm sure someone will have it before long :smile:

Xiorell

Über Member
[QUOTE 1425370"]
Paisley Freight will ship for less than 25 quid.
[/quote]

Really? **goes off to look** Well I'll be.... Shame I didn't come across them when I had my aquarium shipped coulda been cheap!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Sold !!

Submitted my C2W form today , making space for this ...

Main.jpg

This will now be the "hack "
1243008162044-12ldu05cuv504-500-90-500-70.jpg

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

The love affair with halfords continues... :biggrin:

(no im not boardman bashing as I own one, and my cycling buddy rides carrera's)

Halfords C2W.... I looked at trek etc but i want the most bang for my buck and i have heard from others at work that trek are refusing to sell bikes to halfords because they bodge them, i intend to have it delivered :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Good call. I am not embarrassed slightly by the boardman range and often received queries or compliments when out riding from fellow cyclists enquiring how good it rode. When myself and my mate took the plunge and first got our road machines he got the trek 1.5 and I risked the boardman comp.

The boardman was the winner hands down admittedly by my comrades. I do like the look of the white colour frames, I was especially jealous of the ltd edition range that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom