SOLD. Folding electric assist bike £150 Manchester. SOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
SOLD.

upload_2015-8-10_22-24-2.png

36V battery and 250W motor.

Bought by my father a few years ago so he could continue to cycle after a heart attack, but deteriorating health has prevented him from using the bike much so he passed it to my wife who liked the electric assist but found the bike unsuitable for the often bumpy trails we would ride as a family.

Now Lady Skol has a new MTB this bike has to go. I estimate it has probably covered less than 400 miles and is as-new. Will easily complete a 20 mile ride on one charge and we have never managed to run the battery flat.

Included in the sale is :-
A cover/carry bag
Original charger (UK 3 pin plug)
Instruction booklet
2 x keys for battery lock/power on-off switch
Full mudguards & pannier rack fitted as standard
6 speed Shimano gears & gripshift
kick stand

This bike is still sold by the same company so spares and technical advice shouldn't be a problem if needed.

www.asbikes.co.uk/electro-bike-mk3-9-p.asp

The bike folds up quite neatly and, while it is probably a bit heavy/bulky for carrying on & off trains during a commute, it is easily lifted in & out of a car boot with the battery removed once folded.

upload_2015-8-10_22-50-17.png

upload_2015-8-10_22-53-5.png

upload_2015-8-10_22-53-50.png

upload_2015-8-10_22-55-12.png

3 settings
  1. no electric power
  2. assisted pedalling where the system aids the rider with motorised assistance upto 15mph
  3. throttle control. The rider does not have to pedal but can twist the throttle to accelerate the bike
upload_2015-8-10_22-59-54.png

The only fault I am aware of is that the handle for the battery has cracked on one side, so extra care needs to be taken if removing/refitting the battery.

The bike cost £750 new and is for sale at a fraction of this. Only £150 and will need to be collected from Ashton-under-Lyne, East of Manchester.

Viewing and test rides welcome.

SOLD.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
First dibs please, my non cycling nephew is looking for a folder for bike-metro-bike travel, he may be interested, I'll ask.

If not, I may have to try and have *that* conversation with Mrs SBIB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom