[sold] For Sale - Marin Larkspur touring/commuting/hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have an excellent touring/commuting/hybrid bike for sale.
DSCF9469 (Large).JPG

Full photos here http://marinlarkspur.weebly.com/

Marin Larkspur in 17.5” frame (44cm) which will suit from about 5’6” to 6’0” give or take. I am 5’10” and 32” inside leg and it is fine for me. Top tube (centre to centre) is 56cm

History is that a friend had this from new (approx 6-7 yrs ago at a guess) used it for commuting, and when he was told he needed new wheels and drivetrain at a cost of £200+ he just bought a new bike and literally left this in the drive to be thrown away. Knowing it could be done cheaper I offered to find it a new home (ie me) and have spent about £80 to get it to excellent working order. However I have never ridden it due to storage/space issues – it has to be in a shed in the back garden, and since I have 6 other bikes I cannot justify this additional one.

THE GOOD BITS
Superb and highly regarded frame in brushed silver butted alloy 7005. Seems in perfect condition but some mild surface oxidation
BRAND NEW chain (Wipperman 8 speed), BRAND NEW new Shimano cassette, new cables (definitely brakes, and think I did gears, but they work fine.

The wheels needed replacing so the back one is one I had off my old touring bike – not done excessive miles, nice and strong and in perfect true. It served well for loading touring. The front one is BRAND NEW unused, the most basic alloy quick release I could find at Decathlon. Tyres are Continental, non matching, with reasonable life. The front one is Top Touring and I know they go for years. It will have two new presta valve tubes by the time I sell it.

Drivetrain is SRAM with twist grips. Triple up front with MTB ratios, and a something to 28 on the back. So acres of gears. All runs smoothly and the brakes balance perfectly ( I took them apart and cleaned them)

Alloy rear rack. Q/R wheels and seat stem. Narrowish slightly padded saddle. Mountings for 2x bottle cages. I can throw in a couple of bottle cages if you like, but nothing fancy.

THE NOT SO GOOD BITS

It has several rusty nuts and bolts. There is oxyidation on many parts. The mudguards (the back is worse) are visually not great.

VERDICT. If you want a very good value touring bike and are on really low budget this could be ideal. It would be the perfect commuting bike. If you ever leave it in a dodgy area the mudguards help bring down the kerb appeal, but they are well aligned and do their job.

I live in Winchester and would definitely like a pick up, but might be persuaded to box it up, but this will mean removing a front wheel, mudguard, bars etc, and you will have to reassemble. Cost will be whatever it costs.

I just looked at completed listings on Ebay and one here went for £54. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gents-19-...1027567433?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3a7268b349 That looks like mine did BEFORE I spent the cash.

I am only asking £75 which I think is a deal if you know bikes. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

If not sold on CC fairly pronto I will stick it on Ebay at a low start and no reserve.

Jay

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
they make great commuters , and sorely tempted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom