***SOLD*** Forme Longcliffe 4.0 women's road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
IMG_0083.JPG It's with a heavy heart that I'm putting my road bike up for sale. I love this bike but it's too big for me and I can't go more than 20 miles without a great deal of discomfort!! It's a Forme Longcliffe 4.0fe (women's specific) 2013, size 54cm, 16 speed. Rear cassette is 11/32 and a 50/34 chainring also has carbon front forks. It has only covered approx 150/200 miles. There are a couple of chips in the paint where it got knocked while being stored but they're only small. I paid just over £600 so looking for about £350. Sensible offers considered. Based in Ramsgate.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Bryony have you taken it into Locks in Sandwich to see if the boys there can make some adjustments for you?

Such a shame as it's a lovely looking bike.

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Yeah I've tried all sorts as I love this bike so much!! It turns out I need a 48cm 50cm at the very biggest. It is a gorgeous bike and rides really well.

e-rider

crappy member
you could shorten the stem a lot
I can't see how a smaller frame is going to be any different apart from having a shorter reach, which you can do with this one if you buy a shorter stem. It's not like you have the saddle right down or the handlebars right down, or massive long cranks on it and the saddle pushed as far forward as it will go!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
You look to have the original stem fitted (same colour as bike) why not try a 60mm short stem, it will probably reduce the reach by 40mm. Shame to get rid of such a nice bike.

e-rider

crappy member
if you have been riding it as the photo, then it's not too big for you - it just needs a few tweeks. Your pain might be not related to bike size.
On the other hand, perhaps you have photographed it for the sale, and that it not how you had it set-up?

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think turning a 54cm bike into a 48cm bike is a bit of an ask.

Having said that I have just bought a nice 60cm stem from China on e bay which cost about £7.50 including postage. As a last throw of the dice, it is worth the gamble, I think.

Lovely bike.

e-rider

crappy member
Did a shop sell you a 54 when you needed a 48? if they did then I'd be taking it up with them as thats dreadfull.
if she has been riding the bike as in the photo then a 48 would be too small - she probably needs a 50-52 really but I still think the current bike could be made to fit with just a new shorter stem and a few adjustments here and there

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have tried several things. I flipped the stem to bring the bars up a bit, rotated the bars up slightly and moved the saddle as far forward as it would go. Tried a shorter stem which made a slight improvement but still not enough and it also made the handling very twitchy which I didn't like! I thought that maybe it was just that a road bike wasn't for me, but a couple of very nice ladies who I met through a social cycling group kindly lent me their bikes to try. One was an orbea size 49 and the other was a liv sized small (not sure on the measurements) and I found them both a lot more comfy than this bike, and had no discomfort. Also the set up in the pic I think was for my partner he'd been adjusting the gears for me and took it out for a test ride. I usually have the saddle a bit lower than that.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Check the different measurements, manufacturers use different bits for 'sizing'. Forme don't appear to make the ladies Longcliffe in a 54 anymore

How tall are you? A 54cm would be suitable for someone around 5'8-5'10 if that's the length of the TT (at just under 5'10 my bikes are 54 with 100cm stem)

A small Avail has a 50cm TT I think? @jefmcg rides one and is around 5'6 (possibly with a stem slightly longer than stock)

The 49cm orbea aqua dama has a TT a smudge under 51cm

Last edited:
Top Bottom