[SOLD] Free bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bokonon

Über Member
'Elite Cycles' steel road bike. Blue. 60cm C-T down tube, 55.5cm C-C top tube. Has a kink in the rhs seat stay (see picture,) other wise mechanically sound.

27" chrome plated steel wheels with nearly-new tyres. Side-pull calliper brakes with nearly-new cables. Cottered cranks. Carry rack. Front lamp mount.

46 tooth chain ring and 22 tooth fixed sprocket (no lockring.) Missing the required 1/8" chain. Alternatively, I have most of the parts required to turn this bike back into a 5-speed (shifter, derailleur, freewheel) but this will require the rear wheel to be re-spaced and dished accordingly.

Original pedals and straps also included but not currently fitted.

I don't know anything about the history of this bike, including how the seat stay got bent. I was given it in almost complete condition by a neighbour a couple of years ago. I replaced parts that were beyond hope and built it up as a fixed wheel. I used it to commute a few times, then transfered the chain to another bike. It has sat in my garage since then. I now need to get rid of it; I think it is too good to throw away, but not really worth anything.

For collection only from Leeds (centre or Bramley.)

Attachments

• elite1.jpg
    elite1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 156
  • elite2.jpg
    elite2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 161

montage

God Almighty
PM sent :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

Bokonon

Über Member
just wondering how much of an issue that bent seatstay is though

It seems sound enough - I can't see any cracking in the brazing as a result, and it is heavy steel! I've ridden the bike in that condition over about 50 miles without any problems.

See the reply to your PM :smile:

OP
OP
B

Bokonon

Über Member
Sorry, 10% off free isn't cheap enough... you'd have to knock 100% off and I'd also want it gratis, for nothing and you'd have to pay me for storage! :thumbsup:

You drive a hard bargin, don't you Colin? It'd be just the right size for you and a nice low gear for HB as well!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you cant get shut, I'll take it off your hands. Toying with the idea of a single speed/fixed, but havent got the time or funds at present to tackle it, but maybe next summer :whistle:
Trouble is I wont be over that way again until Sat 11th Dec

OP
OP
B

Bokonon

Über Member
If you cant get shut, I'll take it off your hands. Toying with the idea of a single speed/fixed, but havent got the time or funds at present to tackle it, but maybe next summer :whistle:
Trouble is I wont be over that way again until Sat 11th Dec

If I haven't shifted it by the 11th, you are welcome to it!

Losidan

hi there....if it is not too late to jump into this thread I would love to take this. I live in bradford so can bob over any evening or weekend at your convenience.

Happy to join the queue behind any other members if required
Dan

Top Bottom