[SOLD] Kids Ridgeback MX14 bright green. £45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The time has come to sell this cracking little bike as both my sons have learn't to ride on it and moved on to bigger bikes.
MX14-1.jpg
MX14-2.jpg

I chose this bike carefully because I am a total bike nut and this is one of the few 1st bikes that comes from a reputable manufacturer and is a proper little bike, not a toy shop look-a-likee. It wasn't cheap, back in 2006/7 RRP was about £120 and I tracked one down and haggled a small discount (£10 if I remember right). While most first bikes cost around £40-50 I was happy to spend the extra as this bike has an aluminium frame, alloy rims, steel V-brakes and an alloy seat post, in fact it really is as close to a minature full size bike as you can get. The bike has worn well despite getting what I would consider a lot of use for a 1st bike and is still working perfectly. I stripped and greased the wheel hubs last summer as I noticed they felt a bit dry/gritty when fixing a puncture. I will also service the bottom bracket and headset before the next owner collects it as there is slight play in the BB and while my hands are dirty I might as well do the headset. I could say it has been stored indoors (which it has) but that wouldn't mean much because when it was used it has done miles and miles :bicycle: along mucky canal towpaths and around most of the accesible reservoirs in the area so has had the care and attention needed as a consequence of this kind of use:pump: :thumbsup:

There are some signs of wear and tear as is to be expected on a bike that has been used by two boys but they are purely cosmetic and the bike is in otherwise great condition. The most obvious visual blemishes are a small tear on each side of the saddle.
MX14-3.jpg MX14-4.jpg

My youngest son is 6 this week and stopped using this bike about 6 months ago and as you can see he has clearly outgrown it now.
MX14-5.jpg

The bike is in Ashton-under-Lyne, just to the east of Manchester and will have to be collected from here. I have the original owners manual which states the frame has a lifetime warranty (to the original owner) so the manufacturer is clearly confident in the quality of the bike. I still have the receipt somewhere but can't find it just at the moment :rolleyes:

£45.00 for this robust kids bike which is serviced and in great condition ready for the next kids turn (and the next and the next etc......)
PM me for details, Steve.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have just serviced the bottom bracket and headset this morning so this bike is all ready to go :bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom